cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag ID reading and NDEF writing on android 10

a_feil
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a problem. On android 10 android beam is not available anymore. So P2P sending NDEF does not seem to work. I tested with an android mobile with android version 8 which works (debug: 2P TARGET MODE: Activated from remote Initiator). But on Android 10 it does not work anymore (debug: POLL MODE: Remote T4T activated).

I have defined:

RW_NDEF_WRITING, 

CARDEMU_SUPPORT

P2P_SUPPORT

RW_SUPPORT

I also need to read tag ids if someone is holding an rfid tag against the antenna. 

So far I think that p2p mode wil not work on android 10 anymore? So I thought of using card emulation mode for sending the ndef message. But there the documentation (AN11990.pdf) says that I have to disable all other modes (including RW_SUPPORT which is necessary for ID tag reading).

So the question is how do I get NDEF sending working on android 10 and still be able to read tag ids?

Thanks!

Andreas

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andreas,

What the part number of NFC reader are you using ?

For android platform, our TIC team only support PN7150/PN7120. if the part number you are using is for mobile application, we are not authorized to support it. you will have to contact NFC mobile team to get more information.

Have a nice day!

BR,

Weidong

0 Kudos