cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch between Autocoll and normal mode on the PN5180

IbeVdV
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to develop an application using the PN5180 library to continuously switch between Autocoll and normal mode. The example applications only use one mode. Is the pn5180 chip in combination with the associated nfc library capable of performing this switch? Are there certain steps to be taken here?

I was thinking of staying in Autocoll mode for +-400ms and then execute a read in normal mode. After that, switch back to Autocoll mode and so on.

Kind regards
Ibe

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

This is Fabian, as mentioned in PN5180's Datasheet, section 11.4.3.3 Host Interface Command List the PN5180 can only be changed from Normal mode to (Standby, LPCD, or Autocoll mode). In case you want to change from (Standby, LPCD, or Autocoll mode) to (Normal mode) it is required to reset the PN5180. For this reason, we don't have any example that changes between two modes back and forth.

Fabian_R_0-1697049952238.png

I hope this information may be useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

IbeVdV
Contributor I

Hi, 

Do you recommend resetting the PN5180 chip on a periodic interval (500ms)? I was able to brick the PN5180 by (hard) resetting it every 150ms. After that I needed to reprogram it, using NFC cockpit, to get it unbricked.

Also, is a soft reset sufficient to switch from Autocoll to normal mode?

Kind regards
Ibe

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, we don't recommend resetting the PN5180 every 500ms. Could you please elaborate on the reason why you would change your application mode every 500ms?

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

IbeVdV
Contributor I

Hi

I am trying to create an app that can both support NFC card reading and Autocoll HCE "at the same time" by time multiplexing.

Is there any recommended way of doing this without resetting the chip at high frequency?

Kind regards

Ibe

0 Kudos