Stalling NTAG I2C Plus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stalling NTAG I2C Plus

Steieio
Contributor I

Is there a way to get the NTAG I2C Plus to stall a response so that you can fill the SRAM buffer?

I am looking for a way to do this using the standard NDEF URL reading without any custom reader code.  

Android and iOS both read NDEF URL without an app.  I am looking for a way to make the tag stall their standard NDEF URL read without any custom app on the phone.  I need to stall the response so that an external MCU can modify the message.

Is it possible for NTAG I2C Plus to stall the standard iOS read NDEF URL while an external MCU is writing over I2C?   The MCU is powered by harvested energy, so it does not start until the phone scans the tag.  I need to extend this process so the MCU has time to update the data. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Steieio 

Please check the following comments:

Is there a way to get the NTAG I2C Plus to stall a response so that you can fill the SRAM buffer?

comment: NTAG I2C PLUS has two interfaces, NFC and I2C respectively. When one interface accesses SRAM then the other is unavailable.

I am looking for a way to do this using the standard NDEF URL reading without any custom reader code.  

Android and iOS both read NDEF URL without an app.  I am looking for a way to make the tag stall their standard NDEF URL read without any custom app on the phone.  I need to stall the response so that an external MCU can modify the message.

comment: As my understanding, disable NFC interface should be what you want to get.

Is it possible for NTAG I2C Plus to stall the standard iOS read NDEF URL while an external MCU is writing over I2C?  

comment: Yes, it can be. Please check the datasheet for the details.

The MCU is powered by harvested energy, so it does not start until the phone scans the tag.  I need to extend this process, so the MCU has time to update the data. 

comment: This is available that MCU is powered by VOUT (harvest energy output).

0 Kudos