SAK 38 - could this be changed to default to SAK 18 on an emulation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAK 38 - could this be changed to default to SAK 18 on an emulation?

xyrafo
Contributor I

Dear Community,

We want to use a card emulating the NFC protocols (Classic and Desfire), but we would like to see a different default behavior.

Currently the card will answer with SAK 38 (being an emulation of both protocols), but some of the readers would expect 18 / 28, not 38.

The next issue is: The newer readers will request the ATR to check for Desfire, which will put the card in Desfire mode. But the overall system is not yet migrated, so the most preferred way would be to have the card default to Classic, and enable Desfire via a dedicated command (this would mean admin overhead, but would be o.k.).

Any ideas of how to deal with this, or anybody else facing similar issues?

Thank you for feedback!

P.S.: The chip is P60D144J

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear G. C-D, hope you are doing great,  there are some documentation that might be helpful for you but this documentation is under NDA either you  go to docstore and request this access  or contact your local distributor in order to get the NDA and the documentation. please let me know if you have any issues.

Have a great day!!

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

xyrafo
Contributor I

Dear jonathaniglesias‌ - just let me know whether there is a solution for it at all?

Would a vendor selling a smartcard with your chip on it typically have access to that documentation so I can forward the hint to them?

Thank you, and have a great day!

gcd

0 Kudos