取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Replace a Power-On Switch with NFC

333 次查看
vince1
Contributor III

We make a credit-card size Data Acquisition device which transfers data over Bluetooth to our iOS or Android App running on a phone which can be optionally attached to the phone.  The device has a PIC Microcontroller with an I2C interface and is powered by a 700 mAh Li-ion battery.

We want to replace or supplement the device's Power Button so the device can be powered-on with an NFC tap to the phone that is running our App.  We can add an NFC Connected Tag with loop antenna to do this.

Do you have a reference design showing how to do this?

Is there a demo board (perhaps with Arduino) that supports Power-on Reset using an NFC connected tag?

0 项奖励
7 回复数

20 次查看
vince1
Contributor III

Eduardo,

Making progress.  I use Energy Harvesting enabled during boot for this proof of concept, though likely we will make a custom App and use Energy Harvesting by session registers if the project moves forward.

By the way, I have the OM13074UL “LPCXpresso board (V2) for LPC1” on backorder with the NXP Store.  Not sure why this Development board is out-of-stock.

Vince

0 项奖励

290 次查看
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @vince1

Hope you are doing well.

NTAG 5 family from our Connected NFC Tags portfolio include Energy Harvesting feature, which provides the capability to harvest energy from the RF field. This feature can be used to supply external circuits or devices with enough energy to operate. Perhaps this feature could be useful for your development.

If you are interested in NTAG 5 Energy Harvesting, please refer to NTAG 5 - How to use energy harvesting; here you will find some considerations, configurations, antenna recommendations and relevant links.

Regards,
Eduardo.

275 次查看
vince1
Contributor III

Eduardo

Thanks for your suggestions / references.

The NTAG 5 link can be a good fit as Energy Harvesting is necessary to wakeup our Data Aquisition device.

I have the NXP OM2NTP5332 NTAG 5 development kit, but not the OM13071UL LPCXpresso board for the USB-I2C bridge which is need for the NTAG 5 I2C Cockpit application (Section 3.1.1 USB-I2C bridge in UM11406).  The OM13071UL is back ordered on the NXP Website and from your Distributors.  Is there an alternative?

Vince

0 项奖励

265 次查看
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The USB-I2C implementation can be ported to another environment using the instructions provided in UM11406, Chapter 5 Porting to other hardware.

Regards,
Eduardo.

184 次查看
vince1
Contributor III

Eduardo,

Thanks for your support.

I attempted unsuccessfully to port the USB-I2C implementation to the LPCXpresso824-MAX Evaluation board "OM13071" using the instructions provided in UM11406, Chapter 5 to implement the USB-I2C bridge, with the NTAG 5 development kit "OM2NTX5332" mounted, to be used NTAG 5 I2C Cockpit v1.1.

Please advise if the USB-I2C bridge configuration instructions are available specific for the OM13071.

Regards,

Vince

0 项奖励

164 次查看
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

My apologies, since the NTAG 5 I2C Cockpit tool interfaces to USB-I2C bridge via VCOM port, a device supporting USB may be required to act as bridge.

Regards,
Eduardo.

161 次查看
vince1
Contributor III

Eduardo,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Fortunately I got the PNEV5180BM "PN5180 Development Board" to connect with NXP NFC 5 Cockpit.  So I can continue.

Vince

0 项奖励