cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RATS and PPS code fails with Desfire EV2 cards - problem

spasovski_dejan
Contributor II

Hi,

Our product (Card Reader),  after many years of working fine with DESFire / DESFire EV1 cards, is having a problem when trying to interface DESFire EV2 cards, using the same program code that works well for all other DESfire cards. 

My communication with the PICC fails in the ISO14443-4 part when using Desfire EV2 cards, in this procedure:

- I send RATS command "0xE0" with parameter 0x50 which corresponds to "FSDI defining maximum frame of bytes the PCD can receive" = 64. Also selects the CID (card identifier) to be = 0.

- I receive 6 bytes response, assuming that it is OK.

Then I sent the 3 bytes of PPS request as follows:

0xD0 - the start byte,
0x11 - Parameter 0, indicates the presence of Parameter 1.
0x05 - Parameter 1, setting 212kbps for both DRI and DSI.

After this, I get zero response from the PICC where I should get the "0xD0" instead, and so afterward's no communication is available with the PICC so this is the fail part!

The same code works fine for all DESFire cards except Desfire EV2.

The used frontend chip is MFRC522.

What might be the problem? Why would EV2 fail way back in the ISO14443-4 part where other cards work fine?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

spasovski_dejan
Contributor II

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your fast reply! Our company already has signed the NDA so if you can please refer to what document should I download from docstore regarding this issue?

0 Kudos

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dejan,

I replied in a private message.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

As you might know, there are some of the documents and libraries which are under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), the DESFIRE information is under NDA and the information can't be shared in a public way. Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos