Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program NHS3152 via NFC field?

Jump to solution
leo94
Contributor IV

Hello, 

I have:

• Written Custom Code and Programmed it onto NHS3152DEMOBOARD (using LPClink)

Now i am: 

• Making my own prototypes, (i just bought NHS3152 Chips package  HVQFN24) Connecting the chip to an antenna on an inlay. 

I need to Flash the Custom Program onto NHS3152 Chips. Is there a way to:  

• Flash it via NFC field
  • Buy pre-programmed Chips
  • Understand which Pins i need to be able to connect to to Program the chip. 

thanks, 

Leo 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leo94 ,

By default, the NHS31xx ICs mounted on the different PCBs do not contain firmware with which a particular use case can be demonstrated. Instead, they are flashed during production with the one-time NFC program downloader. Before using the PCB for demo purposes, the correct firmware application image must be downloaded in the FLASH memory of the NHS31xx chip. 

After download, the one-time NFC program downloader is replaced by your own firmware, and if your own firmware can not work with the App for NFC program, then when you want to change it again, you have to program the device with  a jlink tool or something like this. UM11154 describes a method for that purpose.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
DRAGON1996325
Contributor II

Hello, I am also developing NHS3152, can I communicate with you? Can I add you to QQ? Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @DRAGON1996325 ,

You may directly post your question in this community, or send a mail to nhs-support@nxp.com for questions regarding NHS31xx products.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

DRAGON1996325
Contributor II

Hello, may I ask why there is only NHS3100 temperature logger APP, but no NHS3152 APP? When I use THE TLOG APP of NHS3100, I cannot configure the development board of NHS3152. it show Write failed...

0 Kudos
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The TLogger demo does not use any of the features specific to the NHS3152. It can run equally fine on the NHS3152 demo PCB. The cause of the problems you experience to get it to work need to be searched for elsewhere.

Typically: be sure to position the antenna correctly in the NFC field, check the battery voltage, or perhaps are there other connections on the board that reduce the voltage level unintended) too much?

KR,
Dries.

0 Kudos
leo94
Contributor IV

Thanks @Kan_Li 
Following your directions,  i have seen there is an app  NHS31xx NFC Program Loader – Apps on Google Play for this purpose. 

I plan to upload the code to the NHS3152DEMOBOARD as a trial (to verify the protocol) will this damage the board/make it unusable? 

If there is a risk that it makes the board unusuable, i should have prototypes PCB printed NHS3152 within 3 weeeks to try. 

thanks, 

Leo 

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leo94 ,

This App should be ok to go with NHS3152, just note to program NHS3152 with the NFC downloader application at first. and it would not damage the device of course, but it is recommended to download sample image for the first test.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
leo94
Contributor IV

Hi @Kan_Li , 

Sorry, could you calrify: 

"This App should be ok to go with NHS3152, just note (note = not ? to program NHS3152 with the NFC downloader application at first."

This means i cannot program a NHS3152 chip i have bought with the app at first. There needs to be an extra step beforehand before i can use the app with the chip ? 

For my custom PCB, would this order of steps work ? 

-  Have PCB manufacturer assemble NHS3152_A1Z with antenna. 

-  On APP, upload file (my custom code)  from local storage the .bin format.

-  bring NFC field of the phone and maintain its position --> custom code uploaded 

NHS3152_A1Z now runs the custom code.

thanks,

Leo 

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leo94 ,

By default, the NHS31xx ICs mounted on the different PCBs do not contain firmware with which a particular use case can be demonstrated. Instead, they are flashed during production with the one-time NFC program downloader. Before using the PCB for demo purposes, the correct firmware application image must be downloaded in the FLASH memory of the NHS31xx chip. 

After download, the one-time NFC program downloader is replaced by your own firmware, and if your own firmware can not work with the App for NFC program, then when you want to change it again, you have to program the device with  a jlink tool or something like this. UM11154 describes a method for that purpose.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

DRAGON1996325
Contributor II

Hello, my NHS3152 development board cannot download routine, it seems to enter deep power mode, the battery before is dead, but I put on a new button battery, but I still can't download the program, I read THE NFC information by APP, it shows that the battery is dead and brown out detected, but I am sure that I just put on a new battery, what's the matter? How can I download the program to the development board?

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @DRAGON1996325 ,

You may measure the voltage between P12 and P13 to check the battery voltage, and alternative you may program NHS3152 demo board via Flash Magic. Please refer to UM11154 for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
DRAGON1996325
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer. I solved the problem that I could not download the program through Flash Magic. I still have a problem that downloaded the app_demo_dp_tlogger routine to the NHS3152 development board, but I could not read the temperature through the mobile app of NXP.

0 Kudos
leo94
Contributor IV

Thanks @Kan_Li , I think i've understood.  

Summarizing, this would be the process: 

STEP

WHAT  

CODE on CHIP

NOTE

CHIP PRODUCTION (NXP)

Flashes Chip with one-time NFC program downloader

One-time NFCprDwld

Chips then given to resellers 

Resell (eg: Mouser)

Resells chip

One-time NFCprDwld

The chip I purchase from Mouser has already the One-time code on it 

PCB  manufactured

Assembles with antenna

One-time NFCprDwld

End User (leo94)

Use APP to flash Custom code in .bin format

Custom code

If code not compatible with APP, it  can only be re-programmed through J-LINK (look at UM11154 )

Q: Is there specific code snippets to be added to make the custom code compatible with the APP? 

My custom code is a modification of mainndeft2t (from release_mra2_12_4_nhs3152) , modified to read Resistance (using ADC, DAC). 

thanks for your help, 

leo 

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leo94 ,

Yes, your understanding is correct! The source code of one time NFC programmer is available in the folder of "sw\nss\app_closed_nfcprogramloader", you may try to integrate into your own application to act as a secondary bootloader, but just concern if the flash size is enough to contain two applications.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leo94 ,

We provide any app note on this topic, please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=UM11136&appType=license for details.

Kan_Li_0-1626939295624.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: