Problems with the PC reader included in the kit "NTAG I2C plus Explorer kit with reader"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the PC reader included in the kit "NTAG I2C plus Explorer kit with reader"

davidnyberg
Contributor I

I am also having problems using this NXP NTAG Plus Explorer Kit.  I cant even get the reader to work due to windows 7 driver issues and have no idea how to solve them.  I even went to the uTrust website and tried their installer / driver and got the same response.  

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to
install it.

uTrust 3?00 F CL Reader
Windows cannot verifythe digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent
hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or
that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support
section for driver software."

ScreenHunter 41.jpg

Really?  More Windows 7 64 bit driver issues that cant be solved?

I cant move anything to another PC or version of windows so if I cant get this fixed, I guess I will have to dump my plans to develop my solution that would result in millions of NXP Tag IC sales to some other vendor...

0 Kudos
2 Replies

davidnyberg
Contributor I

Well,

After many trials and errors, I finally found a hack to get the reader that came with this kit to be recognized in Windows 7 however,

It doesn't seem to be worth trouble yet.  No matter what tag I try to tap or scan, the reader light always blinks red and nothing happens.

When I try to get that cool looking explorer board to work, I get ZERO.  Nothing.  The LCD never displays anything even though the backlight LED's come on whether or not I plug the thing into a USB port or not.  Does anyone have any clue how to move this kit to the next stage of OPERATION?

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear David Nyberg, have you tried this ? OM5569-NT322ER |NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit + reader|NXP  in the download section:

pastedImage_2.png

If you have please try to uninstall the device from the device manager and then try to install it again.  please first confirm that you have installed the  driver or the driver firmware fix in order to look for a root cause.

best regards

Jonathan

0 Kudos