Problems with "Peek and Poke" application (I2C kit NTAG plus Explorer Kit OM5569 / NT322E and ER)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with "Peek and Poke" application (I2C kit NTAG plus Explorer Kit OM5569 / NT322E and ER)

jlvern
Contributor I

I have some problems with Peek and Poke application that comes with the evaluation kit "NTAG I2C plus" OM5569/NT322ER

1) Reset button (In peel and poke) reset to 0 (at least) the register configuration and AUTH0 contrary to what is stated in the documentation UM10967 4.2.4. After a reset, the tag is seen as protected by NFC readers ... but is still read by the NFC reader uTrust 3700F after a number of tests.
2) After a reset (with Peek and Poke), if I valid AUTH0 with 0xFF, the Android NTAG I2C Demo application sees that the tag is no longer protected, but NTAG I2C Demo application with the PC player uTrust 3700F kit continues to believe that the tag is always protected. If now we make a Reset with the application NTAG I2C Demo Android, the application indicates an error, but the tag is seen as no longer protected by the USB NFC reader PC (uTrust 3700F with NTAG I2C Demo).

pastedImage_1.png

3) Problems with the window "Configuration Registers" I have a tag in which I2C_CLOCK_STR is 0 and RF_LOCKED is 1. If I try to put I2C_CLOCK_STR 1 (RF_LOCKED inchanged), I get the following message:

pastedImage_2.png

if I clear RF_LOCKED and set I2C_CLOCK_STR, I have no error message, but if I do a Read Config, nothing has changed ( RF_LOCKED=1,  I2C_CLOCK_STR = 0). If I go directly to central grid and I change the address manually 3A5 with a value of 1, after Block Write, I note that in the "Configuration Registers" I2C_CLOCK_STR the flag is at 1. But it is impossible to reset the RF_LOCKED to 0 trying to set 0 directly the address 3A6 in the central grid.

4) At powerup, the "Peek and Poke Utility" does not warn if the device type is not correct (but warns if you change to an incorrect device).

5) It would be convenient to write directly ASCII values in the right pane.

6) In UM10967 documentation, chapter 4.4.3, an indication of 0x7A address for the "configuration register" 2k tag is incorrect for NT3H2211 tags.

Do you soon improve tools "peek and poke" and "NTAG I2C Demo"?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jean-Louis Vern,

My apologies for the delay to respond to this thread.

Some information about your findings:

1) You are right, the "Peek and Poke utility" sets AUTH0 as 00h instead of FFh when clicking on "Reset". This should not be the case.

2) I think there is a bug in the PC NTAG I2C Demo app. It only detects once the Protected/Unprotected state of the tag. You need to close and open the application for a valid detection. The Android version correctly detects the protection state without resetting the app.

3) It seems that the bit I2C_LOCK_STR can be reset to 0 but not set as 1 from the "Config Registers" view. This must be a bug.

However, the RF_LOCKED and I2C_LOCKED bits in the "Config Registers" view actually correspond to the bits REG_LOCK_I2C and REG_LOCK_NFC. Once set to 1, none of these bits can be reset back to 0.

4) and 5) are feature requests. Thank you for your feedback, I will forward your comments to the developers.

6) The addresses correspond to NTAG I2C ICs (NT3H1101/NT3H1201). Indeed the manual has not been updated for NTAG I2C Plus (NT3H2111/NT3H2211), so you are right that the 0x7A would not correspond.

I will report the bugs and forward your comments to the developers. In future cases in addition to asking here in the community you can also send your feedback (about Android or PC apps) directly by clicking in the Feedback option in the app. See picture below:

pastedImage_2.png

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos