Perfect RFID reader: support multiple tags (up to10), allows antenna size 500x400 mm

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect RFID reader: support multiple tags (up to10), allows antenna size 500x400 mm

felix41382
Contributor I

Dear NXP-Community,

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I am looking for a RFID reader which can read up to 10 passive tags simultaneous and allows to connect an antenna which can have the size of 500x400 mm. The reading distance can be low (5cm), because the tags only have to be placed inside of the antenna field.

Can somebody suggest me the best reader chip?

Cheers,
Felix

0 Kudos
6 Replies

felix41382
Contributor I

please remove this post, I wrongly replied to the main thread and not to Estephania.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It will depend on which protocol you will be using in your tags.You can check here the fill list of readers available.

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers:NFC-READER

The PN7462 is one of the latest readers available PN7462 this is a reader that support different protocols, full NFC modes support, etc. you might find this helpful.

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos

felix41382
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Thanks for your support.

I am fine with any kind of tag. I just have two requirements: It must fit into a small toy figure and possible distance to the reader should be at least 5cm.

I found this page TOYS-BOARD-GAMES ,which recommends the PN512 for Smart Toys with NTAG. But also the MFRC630 seems to be a good choice. Maybe you can explain when it's better to go with the PN512 instead of the MFRC630 (and maybe why the CLRC663 plus is even better).

In terms of tags: The ICODE ILT seem to support a really good anti-collision. I don't know if this is needed for just 5-10 objects.

The last question is, which of these chips works well with Arduino / ESP32 and where can I find external antennas, which I can deal with a big surface (50x40cm).

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers,
Felix

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The PN512 it's not recommended for new designs, while the MFRC630 is dedicated for MIFARE tag. 

Before choosing a reader you must know which kind of tags you will be using as well in your devices,if you are using ICODEs maybe the SLRC630 plus  it's a better fit for your design or even the CLRC663 plus. Both of this are front ends, that means this are command based , if your IC can deal with all the requirements of the device to send the commands and respect the NFC timing s, you can use them, still you will need to migrate the library we provide.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

felix41382
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. Adjusting the code to my needs should not be the problem.

Can you help me to choose the right tag? I would really like to understand the difference between MIFARE and ICODE. How do the tags differ in terms of:

- reading distance (10cm)

- anti collision support (up to 5)

- size

- support for a big external antenna (like 500x400 mm)

Maybe there is a good comparison matrix somewhere. The same would be nice to compare MFRC630 and the CLRC663.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Which is the application you are using ?

There are several tags that can fit in the requested elements.

ComparisonTableCLRC663Family.png

This table was gotten from this link

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos