Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment at the ESL tag

Jump to solution
andy_kim
Contributor IV

Hello,

I know NTAG I2C plus is the NFC Product for ESL tag.

Is it possible that NFC phone could pay at ESL tag applied NTAC I2C plus?

or we should other NFC Product for ESL tag to support to pay at the ESL Tag?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

According to your description, is my understanding right?

You want to scan the tag information through the NFC of your mobile phone. And then pay by mobile phone according to the scanned tag information, right?

If this is the case, then the application is similar to China's Alipay or WeChat payment. In addition to NTAG(NTAG I2C is OK), you need a payment platform application similar to Alipay or WeChat.

PS: You can contact to the local distributor for the detail information If it's not convenient to describe it in English. URL:https://www.nxp.com/support/sample-and-buy/distributor-network:DISTRIBUTORS.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For the payment solution please find them as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/applications/smart-city/payment:SECURE-TRANSACTIONS.

There is no special solution for ESL tag.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
andy_kim
Contributor IV

Dear fangfang,

Thanks for your prompt feedback.

It is very hard to explain what I would like to know in English, not my native language.

NTAG I2C plus is recommended product for Electronic Shelf Label(ESL)

I thought that will be needed another NFC product for ESL to pay by smartphones at the ESL

However, I found out that we need is not the ESL, but the Application of Smartphones to achieve it through researching internet.

ESL just show the product information such as price and customers can scan and pay it with their smartphones if the smartphone has the application of payment system and leave the store.

So, we do not need to change to other NFC product.

We can just use NTAG I2C plus for ESL.

Is my understanding right?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

According to your description, is my understanding right?

You want to scan the tag information through the NFC of your mobile phone. And then pay by mobile phone according to the scanned tag information, right?

If this is the case, then the application is similar to China's Alipay or WeChat payment. In addition to NTAG(NTAG I2C is OK), you need a payment platform application similar to Alipay or WeChat.

PS: You can contact to the local distributor for the detail information If it's not convenient to describe it in English. URL:https://www.nxp.com/support/sample-and-buy/distributor-network:DISTRIBUTORS.

Have a nice day.

Note:

andy_kim
Contributor IV

Dear fangfang,

Thanks for your clarification.

That is the answer what I expected.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos