Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PN7462AU] ISO-DEP Protocol

Jump to solution
autoever1leka
Contributor I

Good day,

I'm a engineer using PN7462AU. I am developing an NFC communication program. 

Below is the setup details,

1. Hardware: PN7462AU
2. SDK: PN7462AU-FW_v05.21.00
3. IDE: MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0

My question is about ISO-DEP Protocol. There is no mention of ISO-DEP in the PN7462AU SDK. 

Question 1) Is it correct that the PN7462AU SDK complies with the ISO-DEP protocol?

Since the ISO-DEP protocol is based on ISO/IEC 14443-4, there is no explicit word for ISO-DEP in the PN7462AU SDK, but the PN7462AU SDK complies with ISO/IEC 14443-4, so I think it also complies with the ISO-DEP protocol.

The next question is below.

Device Deactivation is defined in the NFC Forum NFC activity specification. 

Question 2) What API should be used in PN7462AU SDK to implement this Device Deactivation? Or is there a related example?

The phhalCt_CardActivate() and phhalCt_CardDeactivate() APIs are defined in phhalCt_Activate.c. Is it possible to implement Device Deactivation of NFC Forum Activity Specification by using this API?

If anyone knows the answer to your question, please reply.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is the ISO/IEC 14443-4 standard. This is fully supported. Device deactivation is the Deselect command. Also supported of course. Also higher abstractions like the ISO/IEC 7816-4 is supported. 

In our PSP you will find plenty of examples using those mechanism to interact with cards. Like a DESFire for example

BR

Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is the ISO/IEC 14443-4 standard. This is fully supported. Device deactivation is the Deselect command. Also supported of course. Also higher abstractions like the ISO/IEC 7816-4 is supported. 

In our PSP you will find plenty of examples using those mechanism to interact with cards. Like a DESFire for example

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos
autoever1leka
Contributor I

The NFC-DEP protocol is explicitly stated on the SDK, but ISO-DEP didn't come out so I asked. Thanks to you, the problem was solved, and what I wanted to check was confirmed. Thank you again sincerely.

0 Kudos