Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 updating EEPROM on linux

Jump to solution
roque
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to update the PN7462 EEPROM by USB Mass Storage Mode on linux, but it is not working.

I'm using mount command to mount it as flash driver, erasing DRP_<nn>.dat file, loading my user_ee.bin file into it, umounting the partition and pressing RST_N button. After that I upload my application (on linux as well) and it's not working.

If I update the EEPROM using Windows it works, even loading my application on linux.

Tags (3)
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Share the feedback from a customer who met the same issue on linux.

===============================================

The solution was change some configs in the computer, and use the “dd” cmd in the sector programmed instead of “cp” and “unmount” to copy files.

Following those steps:

1 – unload the module usb-storage, and cmd “modprobe usb-storage quirks=1fc9:0117:r,n,m”

2 – “dd if=pn/user_ee.bin of=/dev/sdc seek=03 (to copy the  EEPROM)

There are several programmers with the same issue in the community, please, share with them

View solution in original post

5 Replies
thiago_machado
Contributor III

I was able to see the PN7412 as a mass storage device in UBUNTU 20. We are using a i.MX 8M Nano in our project, and the main goal is to update the PN7412 thru the i.MX USB bus. I couldn't manage to make it work on i.MX with the same steps listed here. I'm sending the dmesg output in the attachments. You guys have any idea what might be missing?

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Share the feedback from a customer who met the same issue on linux.

===============================================

The solution was change some configs in the computer, and use the “dd” cmd in the sector programmed instead of “cp” and “unmount” to copy files.

Following those steps:

1 – unload the module usb-storage, and cmd “modprobe usb-storage quirks=1fc9:0117:r,n,m”

2 – “dd if=pn/user_ee.bin of=/dev/sdc seek=03 (to copy the  EEPROM)

There are several programmers with the same issue in the community, please, share with them

CharlieTech
Contributor I

Great!

This solution worked for me. I'm using a LPC11U37F on Linux, my solution was change the seek=3 to seek=4. 

– “dd if=pn/user_ee.bin of=/dev/sdc seek=04

Manolo23
Contributor I

Great!,

This solution worked for me. I'm using a LCP11U37F on Linux, my solution was change the seek==3 to seek==4. 

– “dd if=pn/user_ee.bin of=/dev/sdc seek=04

thiago_machado
Contributor III

Hi Jimmy. In order to update the flash memory with a new firmware, what would be the steps to make so? I'm devoloping a SAM Card interface, that will be connected to a iMX8M Nano thru USB bus. It's firmware must be updated remotly, so in order to avoid devoloping a secondary bootloader, I'm trying to make it work using the primary. Is it possible? If so, I believe that the seek option must be different that the one you posted before. To develop the firmware, I'm using the MCUXpresso.

0 Kudos