PN7462 and the TDA chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 and the TDA chip

fstrati
Contributor I

We are working with the PN7462 demo board V2.2 and we are trying to use the TDA chip (should be the TDA8026 but in the final product will be the TDA8035) on the demo board with smart cards, we experience several difficulties, the TDA chip is connected by default to a SAM slot, while instead we would like to use it to read smart cards (with another connector of course soldered on the board): has anyone experience to share on the use of the TDA chip ? It seems that on card presence we receive for example two interrupts...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

fstrati
Contributor I

About our original troubles with the TDA8026 and the PN7462, we found out that the root of the cause was a missing call to function "phRomhalCt_ColdActivateConfig()" in the card activation.

Anyway, is there any documentation for the ROM functions?

For example, phRomhalCt_ColdActivateConfig returns the error 0xC093 - PH_ERR_CT_CLASS_CHANGE_INDICATED - Atr having class indicator came.

What does do really the function phRomhalCt_ColdActivateConfig ?

0 Kudos

markoslosada
Contributor I

I am experiencing the same problem. It is really curious, the RST signal connected between card and TDA8026 have nothing to do (aparently) with the PN7462 and thus, the function "phRomhalCt_ColdActivateConfig" should not activate the reset signal, however it does! 

Does anybody have any idea? Is there any documentation for ROM funtions?

0 Kudos

benten
Contributor II

I have the same problem. So I announce "me too".
Anyone can help?

0 Kudos

lpintanel
Contributor I

We are working with OM27462CDK. Is there an example of TDA8026 use for this kit?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ,

There are two card slots on that board, the main card slot locates on the board bottom layer, and it is connected with the PN7462AU's contact interface,

pastedImage_2.png

and another is on the top, and it is connected with TDA chip.

pastedImage_1.png

so which slot are you referring to? Please kindly clarify.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fstrati
Contributor I

Hello, we are using the TDA8026 instead of the main slot to process

bank emv contact card. We modified the PNEV7462B V2.2 attaching a smart

card connector directly to the TDA8026.

The goal is to use the TDA not for SAMs but for contact bank cards.

We are having troubles with the reception of the ATR from cards.

Please see the file attached.

0 Kudos