Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 : Serial Bootloader

shiv_patil
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I am very new to NFC PN7462

Will you please help me to know that,

Is PN7462 supports Serial Bootloader functionality?

Regards,

Shiv Patil.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

shiv_patil
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li 

We are using the USB port to interface/communicate with the PN7462.

(Please correct me if I am wrong)
As the serial bootloader requires a bootload pin. I have studied the schematic & might be the DWL_REQ pin works for the same here.
We are not having any provision to provide an extra GPIO/HW connection except a USB interface.

Will you please help me to know,
Is it possible to program PN7462 with USB protocol without using any external hardware connections? 

Regards,

Shiv Patil.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shiv_patil ,

Yes, it is possible. Please kindly refer to "8.10 Updating flash and EEPROM via USB MSD interface" in https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10883.pdf for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

shiv_patil
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li,

I have studied the 8.10 Updating flash and EEPROM via USB MSD interface.

Section 8.10 describes the procedure in which we have to use the RST_N switch  & DWL_REQ switch.

We do not have any provision on our hardware for these 2 switches.

i.e. We have designed a dongle that connects the PC using a USB port. (like a pen drive)

Will you please help me to know,

Is there any other way to program PN7462 without using the RST_N switch  & DWL_REQ switch?

Regards,

Shiv Patil.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shiv_patil ,

Yes, you may develop a secondary boot loader for PN7462, and this topic has already been discussed in our community, please kindly refer to https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC/PN7462-Secondary-Bootloader/m-p/803660#M4008 for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

shiv_patil
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li 

I am using the N10995. as a reference to the secondary bootloader.
1. I am using the MCU Expresso IDE for the development & this document is more related to the LPC Expresso IDE.
The settings described in the document are not found in the  MCU Expresso IDE. Will you please help me to get a document that is more specific to the PN7462?

Regards,
Shiv Patil.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shiv_patil ,

PN7462 supports HSU interface which can be used for serial  bootloader. BTW, the on-chip boot ROM supports MSD bootloader which can be directly used out of box.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

shiv_patil
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li,

Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to use the USB protocol to communicate with the PN7462 & Also for the Bootloader application.
Will you please suggest to me a required procedure.

0 Kudos