cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 NON OS Build Errors

mayank_sharma1
Contributor III

Hi,

I am getting build errors ( In attachment) while compiling PN7462 example project "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop" in non os mode.

It would be helpful if someone provide me some hint to resolve this.

I followed following steps to enable NON OS mode

1) In the file ph_NxpBuild_App.h comment out the macro NXPBUILD__PH_OSAL_FREERTOS and enable the macro NXPBUILD__PH_OSAL_NULLOS.

2) Exclude the FreeRTOS files from the build. For this right click on the FreeRTOS folder -> Resource Configurations -> Exclude from Build and select the Debug and Release configurations.

3) Set the optimization as None (-O0) from the project properties (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU C Compiler -> Optimization).

Thanks,

Mayank

Original Attachment has been moved to: BuildErrors.txt.zip

8 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mayank

Actually I have successfully built that project before, but just one step different from yours, I didn't exclude the FreeRtos files, instead I add one macro definition for the project of "PN7462AU" as below:

pastedImage_1.png

After that , rebuild "PN7462AU" before compile "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop", which was built successfully as well.

pastedImage_2.png

The package is PN7462AUPspPackageFull-v04_05_00.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stefanmueller
Contributor II

Dear all,

I tried all versions, mentioned above without success.

1. First version:

1) In the file ph_NxpBuild_App.h comment out the macro NXPBUILD__PH_OSAL_FREERTOS and enable the macro NXPBUILD__PH_OSAL_NULLOS.

2) Exclude the FreeRTOS files from the build. For this right click on the FreeRTOS folder -> Resource Configurations -> Exclude from Build and select the Debug and Release configurations.

3) Set the optimization as None (-O0) from the project properties (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU C Compiler -> Optimization).

I get following compilation errors:

undefined reference to 'SVC_Handler'

undefined reference to 'PendSV_Handler'

undefined reference to 'SysTick_Handler'

2. Version

No exclusion of FreeRtos files, instead add macro definition for th eproject of "PN7462AU", as mentioned in answer of Kan.

Compilation works, but it still uses the RTOS files!!!

I would really appreciate it, if anyone could help me to get a running non-rtos system.

Best Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

mayank_sharma1
Contributor III

Guten Tag Stephan,

Wie geht es Ihnen?

Follow steps for compiling project "PN7462AU_ex_phExMain with NON RTOS support.

HINT: I think you are missing step to exclude FREERTOS from project.

Step 1)

Exclude FreeRTOS from build. Right Click on FreeRTOS folder and select Resource Configuration->Exlude from Build.. as shown in image below,

pastedImage_1.png

When following windows pops up select Debug and Release Exclude options and press OK.

pastedImage_2.png

Step 2)

Add PHFL_HALAPI_NO_RTOS definition to symbols.

pastedImage_5.png

As we already added PHFL_HALAPI_NO_RTOS to symbol list. disable following to header file include/AppNXPBuild.h.

Again I am referring to "PN7462AU_ex_phExMain" project.

pastedImage_6.png

Step 3) Compile Project.

Hope this helps.

Gruss,

Mayank

0 Kudos

stefanmueller
Contributor II

Dear Mayank,

I'm fine thank you. How are you?

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

This example is building fine, but not running correctly, see

PN7462 Example ex_phExMain in NO RTOS configuration not running 

Therefore I tried example "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop" without success.

Best Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

stefanmueller
Contributor II

Kan_Li solution works for "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop". This example is compiling and working.

Thank you

Best Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

mayank_sharma1
Contributor III

Thanks Kan,

I am able to compile the code now after making changes as you suggested.

Question:

I am working on bootloader and has no Idea how to remap NVIC table of PN7462 before jumping to main application. Unfortunately documentation of PN7462 is very poor.

Usually remapping is done using VTOR register or by swathing table from FLASH to RAM using SYSCON->SYSMEMREMAP = 0x1;

I do not see any of such variables within library of PN7462.

Regards,

Mayank

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mayank,

I am sorry, but PN7462 has cortex-m0 inside , which has no register of VTOR, m0 plus and higher verison support this register.

Hope that makes sense,
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

massimomanca
Contributor III

At the moment I am out of office, I will be back after 6th January. I am interested also in PN7462 new family of NFC microcontrollers so I will try to compile the same example, I hope you will solve before because I will not able to help you before.

0 Kudos