cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462 Card ID read APDU

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hi,

I am working with PN 7462 reader. I go through application notes of UM10915.pdf.  As compare to PN532, few commands are available for PN7462.

Here, command that read the tag (ex, commands to read tag for pn532 is InList Passive Target to read Tags from RF field ) . 

But no such command  is provided for PN7462.Is ATR contains TAG CID? If not then Is any of doc for this availabale?

In my application, I want to read Mifare Ultralight,Classic and DESFire cards.

Using which command, I can send all DESFire commands. For example in PN532 using InDataExchange command, in [data] , DESFire native command can be written.

And I want to use DESFire commands like,Auth  Card ,Change Key, Create Application, Select application, Select tag, read, write, createstd file etc.

One more thing what is use of Value file in DESFire..?

Regards,

Utsavi B

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Utsavi B,

Actually PN7462 is a different product from PN532, so you can not use the same way of PN532 with PN7462, regarding which you may understand it as a MCU + NFC frontend, so you have to program custom application and download it into PN7462, you know, this provides more flexibility but makes things more complicated , while we provide NFC reader library for this device, with demos as well, you may find Mifare Classic and Desfire demo there. Please kindly refer to NFC Reader Library | NXP 

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

gianlucasofia
Contributor I

Hi, I'm working on the NXP PN7462, I wanted to ask you if it supports all standard APDU commands (ISO7816-4) or just a part. In particular, I would need the following:
// APDU commands
enum eApduCmds {
CMD_CREATE_FILE = 0xE0,
CMD_CHANGE = 0x24,
CMD_DELETE_FILE = 0xE4,
CMD_GET_RESPONSE = 0xC0,
CMD_GET_STATUS = 0x3C,
CMD_READ_BINARY = 0xB0,
CMD_SELECT = 0xA4,
CMD_UNBLOCK = 0x22,
CMD_UPDATE_BINARY = 0xD6,
CMD_VERIFY = 0x20
};

Thanks
Gianluca

0 Kudos

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hi Kan,

Thanks for reply.

Isn't it possible that using APDU provided by PN7462 user guide, I send command to reader and get response from reader?? Irrespective of NFC reader library. NFC Reader lib seems complicate.

I want something like NFC which I do not need to modify, which will perform Tag and Reader communication. And another application, which will respond my commands and get me a Tag.

Using above concept I will prepare command for PN7462 instead of PN532, without taking care of NFC.

Regards,

Utsavi B.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Utsavi B.,

Looks like you prefer to mostly focus on the application layer, so maybe a ready USB NFC reader is what you are looking for, but we are just IC supplier so we only have NFC reader solution such as PN7462AU, which has a CCID demo might be close to your requirement, but you still have to build your own application based on that.

pastedImage_1.png

Please refer to UM10915 for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos