cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7160 Performance depending on the VDUP Voltage

michael_d_1983
Contributor I

Hello,

just have to decide if I should connect the VDUP of the PN7160 to 5V or to 3V3.

Asymmetric antenna matching is used.

Can I expect about the same results with 3V3 / 15 ohm matching as for example with 5V / 20 ohm matching and vice versa?

Are there any functional advantages or disadvantages regarding the VDUP supply voltage (e.g. better EMC performance at lower voltages). Or topics that have to be considered in particular.

I would roughly calculate the performance of the antenna using the matching and then reduce it using the TXLDO if there are EMC problems.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,
I'm very sorry for the delay in answering back. I was waiting for the expert's output.
In the case of using 5V for VDD(UP), you can achieve a greater distance and a bigger operation volume. In case you are looking for a better EMC performance, a 3V3 voltage in VDD is better since the radiated power is smaller.
Both configurations are able to pass the FCC and ETSI tests with proper matching and good EMC design.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

michael_d_1983
Contributor I

Hello Fabian,

thanks for your replay, that seems solgical to me.

I would like to know if I can compensate for the lower voltage by using a lower antenna resistance, or if there could be other side effects that may occur.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos