PN7160: NxpNci20 delivers no ATS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7160: NxpNci20 delivers no ATS

MichaelH5
Contributor I

We are developing NFC security modules for several years, formerly with MFRC531. Now we are migrating to newer hardware with PN7160/61 with the kit OM27160A and the included softwarestack NxpNci20 from june 2021. This new frontend runs fine, but our tests with several passive ISO14443-A-tags (DESFire, Mifare, TCOS, ...) always show the same important flaw: all communication jobs with the cards run like expected, but the discovery delivers never any ATS-data. This makes it impossible, or at least time-consuming, to identify the several ISO14443-A card types.

A deeper look to the NxpNci20 softwarestack with a debugger shows, that the RatsLen in function NxpNci_FillInterfaceInfo() always remains 0, indicating that there is no ATS data in pBuf[];

Three questions:

1. Are there any parameters, which prevent the stack do read the complete ATS. If yes: can you tell me the appropriate command to get the ATS?

2. If this behaviour is a known bug of any former firmware or software version, i would like to know where i can download newer versions.

3. Do you have any other suggestions, how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your effort in advance

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies

MichaelH5
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

NxpNci_GetFwVersion() shows: [0]:0x12, [1]:0x50, [2]:0x05. I use a modified version of nfc_example_RW.

I don't know, what you have do with your EVK board, my code is running on an ESP32 with OM27160A1HN via I2C-Interface.

I just invoke NxpNci_StartDiscovery(), an call NxpNci_WaitForDiscoveryNotification(&RfInterface). Presenting a DESFIre EV1 card to the antenna (RfIntf.Protocol: PRO_ISODEP/T4T and MODE_POLL | TECH:PASSIVE_NFCA shows the following data:

SENS_RES = 0x44 0x3
NFCID = 04 0e 3c 9a 7f 28 80
SEL_RES = 0x20

Ok, so far. Only NFC_RATS remains empty because RfIntf.Info.NFC_APP.RatsLen is zero ... and that's my problem. I need this ATS-information to proceed with the right commands due to several different cardtypes. I hope, this helps to reproduce the problem.

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MichaelH5 

I would suggest you use sw6890:  PN7160 NXPNCI2.0 MCUXpresso MIFARE examples,  you can download it from PN7160 product page.  You need to sign an NDA (Non-Disclousre-Agreement) to get it.  The public version examples does not support MIFARE.

danielchen_0-1686307141445.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MichaelH5 

Could you please let me know which example you are using and which version of FW?

How can I reproduce your issue on my side with EVK board?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos