cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 - Standby Mode

adrianpakosinsk
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about standby mode in the   PN7150 chip. I have a running example NXP-NCI LPCXpresso example (SW3241) - NXP-NCI_LPC11xx_example on my uC. I would like very low current consumption on my device so I want to use standby mode. Theoretically, it is enabled. Below a snippet of code and send command and response from PN7150.

NxpNci_CORE_STANDBY[]={0x2F, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01};    /* last byte indicates enable/disable */

NCI >>  0x2f  0x00  0x01  0x01
NCI <<  0x4f  0x00  0x01  0x00

I measured current on the oscilloscope. These  waveforms show voltage drop on 1 Ohm resistor.

scope_1.bmp

scope_2.bmp

The first graph shows current on listening  mode and the second when  the  card is reading.

As you can see Imax = 223mA. This is a value that is not consistent with the catalog note. I will add that when I  disable standby mode (NCI >>  0x2f  0x00  0x01  0x00). The waveforms looked the same, the current has the same value.  Why the current is so large? What could be the reason?

Best Regards,

Adrian Pakosinski

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adrian,

Would you please specify on which platform you measured the voltage, OM5578 or a custom board? please help to clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adrianpakosinsk
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

Thank you for your interest. These measurements come from custom board but also I made measurements on OM5578. On OM5578 the charts were similar shape but the voltage was smaller, exactly 120mV when the   card is reading.

Thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adrian,

I think it would be possibly a hardware design issue, please kindly refer to http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11756.pdf for reference.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

adrianpakosinsk
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer. I read this document and followed the recommendations. Is the current 120mA taken by OM5578 is a  normal value?  (when the card is reading). Maybe on my custom board is some hardware design issue but I think on OM5578 everything should be fine.

Thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos