Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 Presence Check Command

Jump to solution
wilmer_suarez
Contributor III

Hello, 

I just wanted some verification on how the Presence Check Command works for the PN7150. Is the command a "subscription" to a notification? Will I continue to receive notifications regarding the presence of an activated remote NFC device after submitting the command once? Or would I have to continuously poll by submitting the command until I received the desired notification?

It seems to be the latter from testing but I keep receiving an unknown error as a notification: 0x4F11. The OID of the command is 0x11; but the remaining byte is unfamiliar and it isn't documented anywhere on the user manual.

Thank you

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As you can see from the NXP-NCI library, the presence check is a blocking function, this means that it waits until the card is removed, please see below:

"PRESENCE_CHECK: perform presence check until tag has been removed (function is blocking until card is removed)"

Hope it helps!

BR,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As you can see from the NXP-NCI library, the presence check is a blocking function, this means that it waits until the card is removed, please see below:

"PRESENCE_CHECK: perform presence check until tag has been removed (function is blocking until card is removed)"

Hope it helps!

BR,

Ivan.

wilmer_suarez
Contributor III

Where can I get access to the NXP-NCI Library?

0 Kudos
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is available in PN7150's webpage -> Tools & Software section: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SW4325&appType=license

Have a nice day!

BR,

Ivan.

andreas_willig
Contributor II

Is there anything special to take care of when using PN7150 in Configuration 1? (Only 3.3V TVDD)

0 Kudos