cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN532 wakeup with RF level detector parameter from the soft power down mode

minkoocho
Contributor II

Hi, 

I tried to wake-up PN532 chip from soft-power-down with RF detector active but it didn't work. The circuit I use is quite smilar to the board from Adafruit (https://www.adafruit.com/product/789) Has anyone succeeded in the wake-up?

Do I need a stronger NFC magnetic field?

Best Regards

Minkoo

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Minkoo Cho,

Please consider the next points for waking up the PN532 from Soft-Power-Down mode with the RF Field.

- The bit pd_rfleveldet must be set to 0 in the CIU_RFlevelDet register to have the detector active, otherwise it is disabled:

pastedImage_1.png

- The bit CIU_wu_en must be set to 1 in the PCR Wakeupen register to enable the RF Field detection wake-up event:

pastedImage_2.png

I hope this helps.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pecotuntun
Contributor I

One more question is whether the RF detection Wakeup function will work with the Passive Tag or not

Best Regards

pecotuntun

0 Kudos

pecotuntun
Contributor I

i also had problem like minkoocho, i followed your instructions but it still doesn't working, can you suggest more for me how to make it work

Best Regards

pecotuntun

0 Kudos

minkoocho
Contributor II

Dear Jorge Gonzalez,

Thanks for your reply. But whenever I read the pin after I set the bit pd_rfleveldet to 0, It only says '1'.

Then, Is this be a hardware problem?

Best regards
Minkoo Cho

0 Kudos