Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN532 response issue

Jump to solution
testbed
Contributor III

Hello,

When executing the InJumpForDEP command to initiate a P2P session, the response to the command is not consistent. PN532 always sends the correct ACK, but the entire recive buffer shows 0x80, even when the ACK was success. Please refer to the two screenshots of the rx buffer

Proper response for InJumpForDEP.

rxbuff_noerr.png

Incorrect response (ACK received)

rxbuff_err.png

This behavior alternates throughout the operation of the device. I am using a Kinetis series MCU with this PN532 board with the I2C configured for 100 KHz baud. PN532 configured for active mode, 424 kbps.

PN532 NFC RFID module V3 kits -- NFC with Android phone [WIRELESS-NFC-PN532] - $13.90 : Elechouse, A... 

If anyone is familiar with the above behavior please let me know. Is this the kind of response sent to the host mcu when the target is not sensed ?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

After InJumpForDEP is issued, the ACK frame should be returned, followed with data frame. so with a successfully ACK received, just like your first snapshot, the first byte you received should 0x01, which means PN532 is ready to send the ACK frame, so you should start to receive the ACK frame when IRQ pin asserts, otherwise you meet the scenario as the second snapshot shows.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
testbed
Contributor III

Just adding. Recently we discoverd that the PN532 modules we were using were not the ones that were manufactured by Elechouse. Elechouse has also set up a notice on their site warning against counterfiet versions. Therefore if you feel the need to use the Elechouse NFC modules. Buy it directly from them and avoid using Amazon or other sites...

0 Kudos
jorgebesalduch
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I am stuck in the same problem. The PN532 NFC RFID module V3 kit seems to work for Mifare tags reading, but to make working PN532 in P2P mode doesn't works. I use 2 arduino micro MCUs with I2C communication to PN532 and the library recommended by Elechouse for P2P modified to use the IRQ pin. The IRQ works for information commands to PN532, but when I tried to use the InJumpForDep command from initiator with a target then there is no answer from PN532, it seems that there is no communication with the target PN532. In fact both NFC devices are stuck, initiator awaiting the InJumpForDep command answer and target awaiting the TgInitAsTarget command answer. Any idea about it doesn't work?

Other question, anyone knows a software to check I2C communication with PN532 capable to perform p2p communication with other PN532?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jorge.

0 Kudos
testbed
Contributor III

After probing around with a scope i figured that if the host controller reads from the PN532 when a valid response was not received (no response IRQ) for the command, a read operation returns 0x80 as many times as requested by the host...

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

After InJumpForDEP is issued, the ACK frame should be returned, followed with data frame. so with a successfully ACK received, just like your first snapshot, the first byte you received should 0x01, which means PN532 is ready to send the ACK frame, so you should start to receive the ACK frame when IRQ pin asserts, otherwise you meet the scenario as the second snapshot shows.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos