cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN532 emulate a Mifare Classic card

sallen8421
Contributor I

Hello,

While the PN532 datasheet states that it can emulate a MIFARE Classic card, the User Manual does not describe how to handle the authentication sequence as a target.  When using TGINITASTARGET the PN532 passes the authenticate command from the PCD (i.e. 0x60, 0x04).  Sending challenge 1 using TGRESPONSETOINITIATOR succeeds (status = 0), however the next TGGETINITIATORCOMMAND fails with error 3 (A Parity error has been detected by the CIU).  What are the PN532 commands to handle the 3-pass mutual authentication sequence as a target?

The User Manual/datasheet has details on only authentication in Reader/Writer mode.

8.6.20.3 Commands overview, Table 167

MFAuthent Performs the MIFARE Classic 1K or MIFARE Classic 4K authentication in MIFARE Reader/Writer mode only.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

I appreciate your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, PN532 isn't recommended anymore and, the support from our side is quite limited. My apologies for this sir. My recommendation is to please explore the possibility of using the PN7160 reader which supports Host Card Emulation (Type 4 Tag). I'm very sorry but, we don't have any guidelines for achieving a MIFARE Classic emulation.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos