cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN532/PN533: Analog Settings for Type A and B

0xc0ffee
Contributor I

Hi,

I've got three questions regarding PN532 and PN533 analog settings for type A and B specified in the user manual (UM0701-02/UM0801-03).

1. Analog settings configured using the RFConfiguration command do only apply if the firmware manages a tag/target, but they don't if I handle targets manually using raw frames and set CIU_TxMode and CIU_RxMode (framing and speed) myself, correct?

2. Do analog settings configured using the RFConfiguration command, cgfItem 0x0D (Analog settings for 212/424/848 with T=CL/ISO14443-4) also apply for non-T=CL communication? In other words, are the T=CL analog settings tied to the T=CL bit in the ATQB (or RATS/ATS); or does cfgItem 0x0D apply for every higher type A/B bit rate, even non-T=CL? 

3. Is there a reason why the PN532/533 manual explicitly states cfgItem 0xA (Analog settings for type A at fc/128=106) only applies to 106 kbps, but cfgItem 0x0C (Analog settings for type B) doesn't mention any bit rate these settings are tied to at all? Also, the manual states that the remaining 8 values from type A 106 are indeed valid for type B, too⏤does that mean these 8 values are valid for type B at 106 only or for every type B bit rate?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @0xc0ffee 

Thanks for contacting us and using the NXP products.

Based on your description, it's recommended that you can refer to nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN10682.pdf and then your questions should be having answers. Anyway, if still has any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

BR

kelly

0 Kudos