cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 Evaluation board Card emulation example not working after flashing

rjara
Contributor II

Hello,

I was trying to run the example 8 (card emulator) that comes with the NFC reader library.

When i enter debugging mode in MCUExpresso, the example project works fine and is able to exchange data with a reader.

However, when I flash the board with the project to use it in stand alone mode (battery powered), the reader doesn't recognized the pn5180 board as a card.

Does anyone know how to fix this? or what might be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

Roy

5 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Roy,

I have run some test and the evaluation board works as card emulation.

Please see my Preprocessor settings. Project example 8

pastedImage_1.png

I am using an Andriod and it could read without any problem. What is your jumper configuration?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

rjara
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the response!

I tried with the preprocessor settings you posted but there's no difference.

The board works as card emulator when connected to the link2 debugging probe. It also successfully flashes with the debug build - but when flash finishes nothing happens.

I was re-reading the User Manual (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10954.pdf) and in section 6.2 it says that to have the board run in stand-alone mode it has to be flashed using the Release configuration.

I tried doing that and got the following errors:

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.3.0_2200/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_10.3.0.201811011841/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.3.0_2200/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_10.3.0.201811011841/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llpc_chip_175x_6x

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.3.0_2200/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_10.3.0.201811011841/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:114: NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T.axf] Error 1

The libraries seem to be there but I'm guessing there is more to this error.

pastedImage_8.png

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Roy

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Roy,

The issue is because you need to compile the libraries in the release mode.

pastedImage_1.png

Remember the example is showing nothing in the terminal log. Did you try to read the PN5180 with a phone with NFC?

Regards,

Mario

rjara
Contributor II

Hi Mario!

Thanks for the response! It worked like a charm!

I just wanted to add that I'm new to embedded software development and would appreciate it if you could provide me some references for learning the workflow (builds, makes, deploying software etc) and exploring projects.

Regards,

Roy

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Roy,

I am not sure if you are familiar with the MCUxpresso.

Please look at the next video.MCUXpresso IDE - Overview|NXP 

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos