cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM5569/NT322ER -- Windows smart card reader not working

biosbob
Contributor II

hi,

i recently purchased an OM5569/NT333ER kit....  using the android demo, i am able to interact with the explorer board....

i also installed the *latest* drivers for the cloud 3700 reader included with the kit on my windows 10 pc....  the smart card reader does show up in the windows device manager....

but when i run the pre-built NTAG I2C Demo on my PC, the reader reports nothing....  i also ran your NTAG I2C Peek-and-Poke application; it reports that no NTAG device is detected....

the light on the reader is normally green....  when i place any tag near the reader, the light blinks orange for several seconds and then turns solid orange after that....

do i need to enable any windows 10 services on my PC???

thanks, bob.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bob Frankel,

maybe I got wrong your question please let me know if I miss understood something, the issue is that the peek n poke application is used to communicate with the development board using I2C and the other application is for the demo FW running, is the same as the one in the application store, so in order to use the peek n poke application you need to connect the board  using the USB connection in the board, if you are having issues with the reader please install the fix drivers in the OM5569-NT322E | NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit | NFC | NXP  web page.

BR

Jonathan 

0 Kudos

biosbob
Contributor II

my cloud 3700 reader *IS* working just fine on my PC....  using some tools i downloaded from identiv, i am able to communicate with the reader as well as identify tags....  according to the uTrust Firmware Update Tool V1.0.7, my reader is currently at V1.4 which is "up to date".... 

my mcu + ntag combo board is also working just fine....  using the android demo software, i can interact with the board in the correct manner....

when i put the ntag board on the reader, the green+red leds flash to indicate that the tag *IS* being read....  using the identiv tools, i can read some information about the tag on your board....

the only thing that does *NOT* work is your PC version of the demo....   even though the reader is (correctly!!!) flashing its LEDs, the demo program continues to wait for a tag....

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your detailed explanation, for this please send an email to report this to the team in charge of this application:

mobileapp.support@nxp.com

Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

biosbob
Contributor II

just to be clear, the mobile app works just fine!!!!!    my issues are with the PC executable....

is this group prepared to support my issues with the PC-based cloud 3700 reader????

just to make sure i'm not missing anything, could you try to run https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/software-support/SW3651.zip on a windows PC using the cloud 3700 reader????   i'd feel more confident in your suggestions if *you* could actually try this yourself....

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bob Frankel,

yes I understood your issue I know this issue is on the windows application side, they should be able to help this team is in charge of this application in general if you have any issues please let me know.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos