Nexus 5x H791with NXP PN548 NFC Controller can read all kinds of tags?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5x H791with NXP PN548 NFC Controller can read all kinds of tags?

ramzis_mailbox
Contributor I

Hi. I am not an NFC expert so I am asking for your help.
For my university project, I will need to write an android application that reads NFC tags and will send the information to a database (MongoDB). I will have to choose a cheap phone to practise with. My choice would be the LG Nexus 5x H791 that should have the NXP PN548 NFC Controller in it. My question is, would that phone be the right choice for this task? 

Thank you, 
Ramzi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hope you are doing great, first as you may know the PN548 is a product under NDA ( Non Disclosure Agreement) this means that all the information, tools and support should be delivered using secured communication channels and only to customers with active NDA. in this case I do not know which reader is inside the phone you mention, but what I can say is that even if this reader supported all moded, the phone manufacturer can add only one, two or all type of tags in their discovery loop. so my recommendation would be that you check with the phone manufacturer  its capabilities, usually phones support at least type A tags which are the same type as NXP Mifare and NTAG. 

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos