Need to read 14443-4A card like 14443-3A (force Activate 14443-3A)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to read 14443-4A card like 14443-3A (force Activate 14443-3A)

Jump to solution
nda
Contributor III

Hello. I need to read  14443-4A card in mifare classic mode. I can to do that.  NXP Reader Library always activates card in  14443-4 mode because of Sak bit 6 =1. SAK of needed card is 0x38. Does anybody have any ideas how to activate such card like MifareClassic?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nda 

if you are using a Mifare plus for example, which supports Classic mode in SL1. 

you need to activate just the layer 3 of the ISO 14443.  if you are using an example that detects the card and activate it depending on the card responses, like the discovery loop examples in the NFC library. the best here would be that you use only the example for Mifare classic available in the NFC reader library. so the card only works in Classic mode, as you may know mifare plus can be activated in layer 4 in SL1 ( classic mode). 

if you are doing the example using the NFC reader library be sure that you do not send the RATS + PPS commands that activate layer 4 of the ISO.

BR

Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nda 

if you are using a Mifare plus for example, which supports Classic mode in SL1. 

you need to activate just the layer 3 of the ISO 14443.  if you are using an example that detects the card and activate it depending on the card responses, like the discovery loop examples in the NFC library. the best here would be that you use only the example for Mifare classic available in the NFC reader library. so the card only works in Classic mode, as you may know mifare plus can be activated in layer 4 in SL1 ( classic mode). 

if you are doing the example using the NFC reader library be sure that you do not send the RATS + PPS commands that activate layer 4 of the ISO.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos
nda
Contributor III

That works. Just commented RATS + PPS commands. Thank you Jonathan.

0 Kudos
nda
Contributor III

Hello. I need to read  14443-4A card in mifare classic mode. I can not do that.  NXP Reader Library always activates card in  14443-4 mode because of Sak bit 6 =1. SAK of needed card is 0x38. Does anybody have any ideas how to activate such card like MifareClassic?

P.S. Sorry for misprint in first message.

0 Kudos