cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with PN7462 configuration

bojanjovanovic
Contributor I

Hello guys,

In my current project, I'm using PN7462 module from NXP. I need that module for the following:

1. To communicate with NFC card

2. To communicate with GSM module via UART interface. I need to have 1.8V level UART communication with GSM unit. Configuration commands for GSM should be sent from PN7462 to GSM. 

3. To control a few of the GPIO signals.

I'm reading PN7462 datasheet but I'm not sure I can digest it in a way to properly design my board. Would you guys be so kind to help me with the following:

1. How to supply the PN7462 module? Which power pins do I need to connect to power supply? How to achieve 1.8V for UART and GPIOs?

2. How to download the firmware on PN7462? Using SWD interface ?

3. How to properly design the antenna circuit for NFC communication. Is there any antenna chip available on the market or I need to print it on a PCB?

Thank you very much for your time and effort. Really appreciate it.

Looking forward to reading from you.

Sincerely,

Bojan.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bojan,

Please kindly refer to the following for details.

1. How to supply the PN7462 module? Which power pins do I need to connect to power supply? How to achieve 1.8V for UART and GPIOs?

pastedImage_1.png

-PVDD is used for pad voltage reference and supply of the host interface (HSU, USB, I2C, and SPI) and the GPIOs. so if you use PNEV7462B , you may connect PVDD to an external power, please also note in such kind of case, If PVDD is externally supplied,  the Jumper 42 (PVDD_OUT) needs to be set. By setting  this Jumper the PVDD_OUT is shorted to GND and the PN7462AU turns off the PVDD  LDO.

2. How to download the firmware on PN7462? Using SWD interface ?

-Yes, exactly.

3. How to properly design the antenna circuit for NFC communication. Is there any antenna chip available on the market or I need to print it on a PCB?

- You may find all you need from the following link: http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11706.pdf 

and yes, PN7462's HSUART just supports slave mode, so you have to use GPIOs to simulate a UART interface by software. Sorry for the inconvenience that might cause.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributor II

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

bojanjovanovic
Contributor I

Hi guys,

By reading a PN7462 datasheet, I noticed that it has a high-speed UART which can operate in slave mode only. What actually does that means?

Will I be able to control GSM module through that HSUART in a way to send AT commands from PN7462 and to read the response of GSM module?

Thanks,

Bojan

0 Kudos