cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS usage

piergiuseppe_tu
Contributor II

Hi.

I'd like to know what is the exact purpose of the NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS define in NXP Reader Library.

From what I can see, if it's defined a software API interface is built with the project, otherwise it's replaced by some binary equivalent, since then only the function prototypes are available...

Is this correct? If so, where are the binary libs? What are pros/cons in selecting binary over software API?

Thank you in advance,

Peppe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Which version of the library are you using ? Could you please help me with that information and the file where you are seeing this definition ?

I was not able to locate the definition you are referring to neither in the  API documentation nor in the library, so it would help me a lot.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

piergiuseppe_tu
Contributor II

Hi Estephania, thank you for your interest.

Starting e.g. at PN7462AU-FW_v05.21.00_Full file root that definition is enabled in some NFC Reader Library examples:

$ grep -r NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS NfcrdlibEx*
NfcrdlibEx4_MIFAREClassic/intfs/ph_NxpBuild_App.h:#define NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
NfcrdlibEx5_ISO15693/intfs/ph_NxpBuild_App.h:#define NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
NfcrdlibEx7_EMVCo_Polling/intfs/ph_NxpBuild_App.h:#define NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
NfcrdlibEx9_NTagI2C/intfs/ph_NxpBuild_App.h:#define NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS

and in some PN7462AU PSP examples too:

$ grep -r NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS PN7462AU*
PN7462AU_ex_phExMain/inc/APP_NxpBuild.h:#define NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
PN7462AU_ex_phExVCom/inc/APP_NxpBuild.h:#define NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS

and it is checked in many places in NFC Reader Library sources:

$ grep -r NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS NxpNfcRdLib/
NxpNfcRdLib/comps/phacDiscLoop/src/phacDiscLoop.c:#ifndef NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
NxpNfcRdLib/comps/phacDiscLoop/src/phacDiscLoop.c:#endif /* NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS */
NxpNfcRdLib/comps/phalFelica/src/phalFelica.c:#ifndef NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
NxpNfcRdLib/comps/phalFelica/src/phalFelica.c:#endif /* NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS */
NxpNfcRdLib/comps/phalI18000p3m3/src/phalI18000p3m3.c:#ifndef NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS
NxpNfcRdLib/comps/phalI18000p3m3/src/phalI18000p3m3.c:#endif /* NXPRDLIB_REM_GEN_INTFS */

(...)

Best regards,

Peppe

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

According to the API documentation of the reader library the definition you are seeing it's for build debug purposes

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos