NXP SL3S1003/1013 NXP’s UCODE G2iM series transponder ICs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP SL3S1003/1013 NXP’s UCODE G2iM series transponder ICs

anil_gupta61
Contributor I

I want to use NXP  SL3S1003/1013 NXP’s UCODE G2iM series transponder ICs  for student attendance system.

As this IC has got provision for powering from low power battery  to enhance Reading range.

I have following question

1. Can I use this with any UHF Reader/ writer supporting EPC Gen2 standard.?

2. Using writer can Tags be written /  programmed (over air) for unique id codes ?

3. How much rage can I expect with a 2.4 V coin cell battery , if tags are close to  student body.?

4 There is Application Note AN11181; How to get started with UCODE for RFID in Electronics which mention

Basic UCODE G2i kit. I could not find any reference of this kit of nxp website nor could locate it on any online distributor site. Please help me from where i can get this kit?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

rfidtag
Contributor II

Hi Anil,

Here are answers to your questions:

.......1. Can I use this with any UHF Reader/ writer supporting EPC Gen2 standard.?

Yes, you can there si not a problem as it is UHF RFID Gen2 tag chip

.......2. Using writer can Tags be written /  programmed (over air) for unique id codes ?

Yes

......3. How much rage can I expect with a 2.4 V coin cell battery , if tags are close to  student body.?

Please be aware that max supply voltage is 2.2V , but we also used 2.4V

You can expect the reading range on body about 4-8m 2W/ERP all depend on a complex construction, permitivity of enclosure , antenna etc

The solution should be for example products H86SP-WB2, also with H86-WL-IC you are able to reach the reading distance about 4-5m (it is a passive solution !!)

...4 There is Application Note AN11181; How to get started with UCODE for RFID in Electronics which mention

We have done own demo board

0 Kudos

paulfenner
Contributor I

Hello

Just to confirm, the demoboards referred to in Application notes AN11181 and also AN11237, can these boards be purchased separately? Does a part number exist for them? If not does anyone manufacture a ready built PCB for the purposes of evaluating the G2iM+ chipset.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

rfidtag
Contributor II

Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not know where is possible buy the board as AN is from 2014 I do not think so that is actual. We will be able to help but small qty production of PCB is not cost effective.

0 Kudos