Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Reader Library in Codewarrior or KDS for use with Kinetis Cortex M0+

Jump to solution
ingenieria
Contributor I

Hi, i'm Jaime Massana.

We are work in new porject with PN5180. And my big problem is that we come back from the freescale Kinetis cortex M0+ microcontrolers, like MKL25Z128. Of course, i have all the tools for this devices and not for NXP LPC. Change to LPC micros to use the PN5180 is very big change for me. I tried to adapt the NXP library to CodeWarrior 10, but is very complex.

Understanding that older Freescale microcontrollers, now are part of NXP, it is possible to obtain a version of NXP Reader library for work with MKL25Z (or other) on Codewarrior 10 or KDS (Kinetis Dessing Studio)? Or some appnote indicating how I can adapt the code?

Thank's for your attention.

Jaime Massana

Labels (2)
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jaime,

I've already asked to NFC development team about this migration and they told me that they are working on this migration right now.

They expect to release the first version of this library by late September.

I hope this can help you!

Regards,

Isaac

View solution in original post

7 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NFC Library was pushed out to end of december. (I already asked about timer's concerning and I am waiting for any response from NFC team.)

Regards,
Isaac

0 Kudos
donikuy
Contributor III

Hello Isaac,

Has there been any release for the NFC Library to use with the kinetis processors on KDS?

Kind Regards,

Ylber

0 Kudos
diegovalladolid
Contributor II

Check out the latest version of the library, 4.50. Both K81 and K82 have been inplemented as an example. This is very useful.

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jaime,

I've already asked to NFC development team about this migration and they told me that they are working on this migration right now.

They expect to release the first version of this library by late September.

I hope this can help you!

Regards,

Isaac

ingenieria
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply, mr Isaac.

I appreciate that they are giving solution. I'm sure many will appreciate infinitely. In my case I'm working on a project where the client needs to put the product in place as soon as possible (as always), but due to the complexity of adapting the libraries, I guess I'll have to focus on other points and wait it becomes available.

Send my thanks to the team and just ask the offer as soon as possible.
And finally, could tell in this thread, when are available the library? Thank's!!

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jaime,

I will let you know when this software is released!

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
diegovalladolid
Contributor II

Hello Isaac,

Is the migration of the NFC Reader Library to Kinetis already released?

At the moment I am porting the library to MKL26Z. The process is going smoothly so far although a question has arisen regarding the timers: the library expects to have a total of 4 HW timers available (as the definition PH_PLATFORM_MAX_TIMERS indicates). Why is this? Isn't just one timer enough? First off, the MKL26Z has got only 3 TPMs and secondly, we do not want/can to reserve such amount of timers for just the NFC communication. Is this mandatory or just an option?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Diego Valladolid

0 Kudos