cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP NTAG I2C can't be accessed via RF anymore

xnormanw
Contributor II

Hi NXP-forum,

After trying out some things with the NC_REG, NS_REG and Lockbytes, I can't write anything on the NTAG via RF/NFC. I've tried out several apps and also included the .xml-file from the Tag Info App. I also tried to reverse all my settings (reset NC_REG, dynamic & static lockbytes), but I still get the error "write tag failed" on the app, and any other app I tried out. Resetting the tag and trying to change the NS_REG doesn't work, since the NTAG can't be written by RF anymore.

I'm thankful for every help!

Kind regards

Norman

0 Kudos
4 Replies

xnormanw
Contributor II

Does no one have another solution for this? I still can't get it to work and it happened to two ntags already after writing to them via pass-through. 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norman,

If just writing failed on your side, please check the static lock bytes as well as the dynamic lock bytes as below , maybe you lock some space by accident. 

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norman,

Did you ever try the NTAG I2C Demo App? it should be available from google play or App store.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

xnormanw
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li,

thank you for your response.

I also tried the NTAG I2C Demo App for phone and PC, both can't write on the eeprom. Reading registers however works.

Kind regards

Norman

0 Kudos