Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG types confusion?!

Jump to solution
sreten_jovicic
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am currently researching NXP's NFC solutions.

We have Volonsys / NXP Modular IoT Gateway reference design kit. In it we have OM577 (PN7120 controller), but we will switch to OM578 (PN7150).

Since, i am now in NFC technology a have a few questions. I want to ask them in one post because they are related.

Our project is IoT alarm for smart homes, so our concern is about security.

Questions:

1. Is PN7150 god choice for security authentication / identification, if not what controller do you recommend ?

2. What type of NTAG shoud we use ? I am bit confused aout NFC tag choices.

3. Can you confirm software licences for yours Linux support and SDK libraries?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry again for asking multiple questions.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Sreten Jovicic,

Hope you are doing great, regarding to your questions:

1.- it is a good choice as long as you add a secure element to help with the encryption and key handling, you can use a P5DF081|NXP  SAM module attached to the host MCU, if your MCU can handle such security it is a good option.

2.-This question will depend on the amount of security you are looking for, most of the NTAG family have 32 bits password security  if you need a high security passive element you can use one from the MIFARE family like MIFARE Plus|NXP  or MIFARE® DESFire®|NXP  this are not tags this are smartcards that can help you achieve your project in a secure environment if you have to stick to an NTAG my recommendation would be the NT4H1321G0DUF: NTAG 413 DNA|NXP . both NTAG and MIFARE are compliant with ISO 14443-A .

3.-please check NFC Development Kits for Arduino and more|NXP  for the examples and libraries if you have Volonsys questions please check the community specific for that product.

BR

Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sreten_jovicic
Contributor III

Thank you Jonathan for your answer. This will help.

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Sreten Jovicic,

Hope you are doing great, regarding to your questions:

1.- it is a good choice as long as you add a secure element to help with the encryption and key handling, you can use a P5DF081|NXP  SAM module attached to the host MCU, if your MCU can handle such security it is a good option.

2.-This question will depend on the amount of security you are looking for, most of the NTAG family have 32 bits password security  if you need a high security passive element you can use one from the MIFARE family like MIFARE Plus|NXP  or MIFARE® DESFire®|NXP  this are not tags this are smartcards that can help you achieve your project in a secure environment if you have to stick to an NTAG my recommendation would be the NT4H1321G0DUF: NTAG 413 DNA|NXP . both NTAG and MIFARE are compliant with ISO 14443-A .

3.-please check NFC Development Kits for Arduino and more|NXP  for the examples and libraries if you have Volonsys questions please check the community specific for that product.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos