cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 216 - ISO 14443 - part 4

posamuel
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

I have some question for the chip Ntag 216. This is because I did not locate the answer on the spec sheet as attached.

1)   “The Reading of this Chip Cards uses commands which are in the specifications ISO 7816 und EMV defined, For sending the commands is Norm ISO-14443, inclusive part 4 necessary.”

Any supporting for the chip Inputting and Outputting. What is the Transmission protocol? 

What is the different from ISO 7816 and  ISO 14443 ?

3)   Our terminal currently only supports smart card commands over the NFC interface, which is sometimes called “chip emulation mode” or “ISO-14443 part 4 support”. Can you please tell me, if your NFC chip supports this mode?

Thank you

Samuel Po

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear PO Samuel, sorry for the delay,  to answer your questions; the NTAG 216 is a type 2 tags this means it does not support the same command set as the smart cards, this tags supports  ISO 14443-3  not the part 4 this is more from the MIFARE family, the only NTAG that  is also compliant to ISO/IEC14443-4, ISO/IEC 7816-4 file structure and APDUs formats the NTAG 413 DNA,  the ISO 14443 is a norm for contactless,  the ISO 7816 it is divided in 4 parts the first 3 parts are for contact communication and describe the physical layer and the part 4 is the standardization of the command set  that is why some of our tags comply with 7816 but it is specified that only the part 4.   this tag does not support the ISO 14443-4. 

hope this was clear enough if not please let me know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos