NT3H1101 in battery powered applications

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT3H1101 in battery powered applications

svermin
Contributor I

I'am looking in to using the NT3H1101/NT3H1201 chip in a battery powered application, where everything is in deep sleep and there are just a few wake-up's each day. We aim for 10 years product life on non-rechargeable battery's, so we have a very small power budget.

We would like to wake the cpu with the NT3H1101/NT3H1201 from the rf side so we can transfer some date, the Vout pin seems to be suitable for this. But the supply current is to high for our application, the data sheet states 155 uA, from our measurements we see the same figures. With the Vcc disconnected we still see the device draining power via the I2C pull-up resistors.

Is there a way to disable/shutdown the I2C interface so we can prevent the power drain via the pull-up resistors?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sander Vermin,

The leakage current of I2C interface is 10uA at max, would this meet your requirement?

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

svermin
Contributor I

Hello Kan,

Our microcontroller uses 0.5uA in sleep, so the rfid chip using 20x that of the microcontroller is a no-go. We have looked in to switching te power and i2c lines, but that gets expensive (in I/O pin or in mux/switch chips)

So I'am afraid this chip is not going to work for us, the pass-trough mode was very nice for the application.

Regards,

Sander  

0 Kudos