Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3152 I2C design guides

Jump to solution
ManuelG_Eurecat
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to know if the external pull-up resistances in the I2C lines are necessary, as the pins should be programabble to have the internal pull-up resistance active, right?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Generally, The clock line and data line of I2C are Open Drain , so both lines need to be pulled up to the appropriate level with resistors .

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Generally, The clock line and data line of I2C are Open Drain , so both lines need to be pulled up to the appropriate level with resistors .

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------