NHS3152 Current-to-Digital or Analog-to-Digital converter to read photodiode signal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3152 Current-to-Digital or Analog-to-Digital converter to read photodiode signal

pavlospbr
Contributor I

I am using NXP's NHS3152 NTAG NFC and I was wondering whether is possible to connect a photodiode directly to the chip (through Current-to-Digital or Analog-to-Digital converter), without having to incorporate an op-amp in my circuit.

I am expecting around 30 - 150 nA of photocurrent.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

We suggest to use GPIO signal, which can be used in two ways: 1. Connect it to GPIO, connect the negative pole to GND, and the GPIO output high can be lit; 2. GPIO is connected in series with a small resistor, which is connected to the negative pole of the diode, and the positive pole of the diode is connected to a 3.3V (maybe 1.8V, depending on the required current). Pull down GPIO to light up.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pavlospbr
Contributor I

Hi,

thank you for the response. It looks that you are referring to an LED (output) whereas I am referring to a photodiode (input), specifically in photovoltaic mode. 

Any advise on this?

Thank you

0 Kudos

CyrilBZH
Contributor I

Hello pavlospbr,

I'm interested in any input you may have on that topic.

Thanks

Cyril

0 Kudos