Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3100 NFC Wake up after DeepPowerDown Mode

Jump to solution
SnoZek
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm working on the NHS3100SENSORBOARD.

I was trying a simple program : I write an NDEF message in the shared NFC memory. Then i tag the board with a smartphone and read the message. When it's done the nhs3100 go in deepsleep.

It work well but when i replace deep sleep by deep power down mode the nhs look like it wake up when there is an NFC detection but the tag is empty.

My main code :

int main(void)
{
Board_Init();
NDEFT2T_Init();
TempinText();
Chip_GPIO_SetPinDIR(NSS_GPIO_BASE,NSS_IOCON,IOCON_PIO0_8,true);
for (;;)
{
if (sFieldPresent)
{
GenerateNdef_TextMime();
}

while(sFieldPresent)
{

}
Chip_PMU_PowerMode_EnterDeepPowerDown(true);
}
return 0;
}

I would be grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks you for your time,

Yvan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The power consumption can be higher if the pull on the pins doesn't match with the pin state.

If, after:

PMU_DPD_WAKEUPREASON_T wakeupReason = Chip_PMU_PowerMode_GetDPDWakeupReason();

wakeupReason is 1, 2 or 3 - i.e. not PMU_DPD_WAKEUPREASON_NONE = 0xFF, you are sure to have left DPD.

Take care not to brick your IC:

* @warning - Once in Deep power down mode, it is no longer possible to start a debug session, hence, special care
* must be taken when calling #Chip_PMU_PowerMode_EnterDeepPowerDown with short "break-in" time between boot and
* the function call. In case Debug build is used, it is possible to introduce a 500ms delay by approaching an
* NFC field before entering Deep power down. This functionality is embedded in the
* #Chip_PMU_PowerMode_EnterDeepPowerDown function and allows starting a debug session in ICs that would otherwise
* never accept a debug connection anymore. See @ref NSS_DEBUG_CONSIDERATIONS for more details.

Kind regards,
Dries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

With which board library is your project linked to? When working with the NHS3100SENSORBOARD, it should be lib_board_dpahu.

BR,
Dries.

0 Kudos
SnoZek
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

Thank you for this questions, i was working with lib_board_dp by mistake, i changed it !

An other question : When i try to put the nhs in DeepPowerDown mode it look like it work because i have a Chip_PMU_PowerMode_GetDPDWakeupReason() in my code and it go in the right loop but when i test current consumption (~15µA) it look like it didn't enter in  DPD mode. Is there a simple way to know in which mode was the nhs ? Or if Chip_PMU_PowerMode_GetDPDWakeupReason() return something else than PMU_DPD_WAKEUPREASON_NONE, that's enough ?

Thank you for your time,

BR,

Yvan

0 Kudos
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The power consumption can be higher if the pull on the pins doesn't match with the pin state.

If, after:

PMU_DPD_WAKEUPREASON_T wakeupReason = Chip_PMU_PowerMode_GetDPDWakeupReason();

wakeupReason is 1, 2 or 3 - i.e. not PMU_DPD_WAKEUPREASON_NONE = 0xFF, you are sure to have left DPD.

Take care not to brick your IC:

* @warning - Once in Deep power down mode, it is no longer possible to start a debug session, hence, special care
* must be taken when calling #Chip_PMU_PowerMode_EnterDeepPowerDown with short "break-in" time between boot and
* the function call. In case Debug build is used, it is possible to introduce a 500ms delay by approaching an
* NFC field before entering Deep power down. This functionality is embedded in the
* #Chip_PMU_PowerMode_EnterDeepPowerDown function and allows starting a debug session in ICs that would otherwise
* never accept a debug connection anymore. See @ref NSS_DEBUG_CONSIDERATIONS for more details.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos
SnoZek
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

Thank you for thoses informations.

When you said :

If i init the board with BoardInit() it shouldn't be well set up ?

An note :

When i wakeup the NHS3100 with the pushbutton it is considered as a

PMU_DPD_WAKEUPREASON_NONE

but i guess this is normal.

BR,

Yvan

0 Kudos
SnoZek
Contributor II

Hi,

I come back here because i still can't find the reason why it consume more in my program. I use same library of board as app_demon_dpahu_sensormonitor. Does it can come from a bad DeInit before going DPD mode ?

Thanks for your time,

Have a nice day,

Yvan

0 Kudos
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are you sure the ~15 uA is consumed by the NHS3100 IC? It could be that the other ICs on the board - like the accelerometer - are active and are adding to that figure. Do you still see that consumption when you flash the demo firmware from the NXP SDK?

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos
SnoZek
Contributor II

Hi, thank you for the answer, i resolve my problem of power consumption, i think the other ICs on the board consumed current as you say.

BR,

Yvan

0 Kudos