NFC security using PN5180

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC security using PN5180

Matthias-A
Contributor II

Hi, I am new to NFC technology and was wondering how secure different MIFARE cards are nowadays. There are different kinds of cards like: MIFARE Classic, MIFARE UltraLight and MIFARE DESFire. I am interested in developing a NFC reader to identify people using NFC card technology. It is of utmost importance that no clones of a certain card can be made and the data can’t be read by malicious people since this setup is to be used as an access control system. I am a bit in the dark about how to start, where to start, which technology/security to use, which data must be stored. I have planned to develop an application using Zephyr RTOS for the IMXRT1064 which is connected with a PN5180. In the datasheet of the PN5180 I don’t seem to find a lot about security except for `MIFARE_AUTHENTICATE`. (Is this very secure?) Does this mean that the PN5180 limits me to use MIFARE Classic since it doesn’t seem to support MIFARE DESFIRE, or is this a wrong assumption. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

PN5180 can support MIFARE  DESFIRE and there is the library for the customer. But the library is under NDA.  So you need an NDA to gain access to that documentation. If you has  NDA. Please refer to the attachment how to find the document on Docstore.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos