cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Library for MFRC522

vredzhepov
Contributor I

Hi

I looked through 'NFC Reader Library for Linux Installation Guidelines' and made all steps described there. I connected RC522 to RPI and run some of examples but no one doesn't work properly. I see nothing when I tried to read MIFAREClassic card. Are there any suggestions how to configure existing NFC Library to read data from MFRC522?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vladmir,

For the question, I got the best answer from my colleague, let me update it, see following , please!

-------------

PN512 (incl. 523 and 522) and RC663 are supported by the pure user mode approach. This user mode approach is the standard configuration. The Kernel mode is only required for the PN5180 if the tough timing requirements of EMVCo need to be met. In all other cases the user can go with the standard approach. And in the standard approach, the RC522 should work for this customer.

One possible problem could be, that the customer did not enable the SPI interface on the Raspberry Pi. This need to be done separately as it is not enabled by default. This can be done with the help of the raspi-config menu (command: sudo raspi-config).

-----------------

Hope above rely can help you!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vladimir,

I checked NFC Reader Library for Linux Installation Guidelines, and found following notes on page 11 :

----

!!!

Only PN5180 is supported by the current “bal” kernel module !!!

Support for PN512 and CLRC663 will be added in further release.

---

So I feel the kernel running on your Rasperry Pi doesn't support RC522, In fact , If the kernel supports PN512, RC522 can also be supported.

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos