cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC 4.6.0 demo not running on LPC1769

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Hi All,

Hardware: LPC1769 Eval board + CLEV663B blueboard (eval kit)

Software:  NFC 4.6.0 secure NFC library 

DEMO:  Mifare classic demo/advance discovery loop demo/ basic discovery loop demo 

I am using above said software/hardware for my project. I am unable to run NXP released 4.6.0 software stack (downloaded from doc store) above said hardware. Being said that, I am able to compile and run the software on LPC successfully but CLEV663B fails to detect any NFC tags.  Last message displayed on UART console is 

"Ready to detect" but tags are not getting detected. 

It fails to detect all three (Mifare classic/Mifare ultra light and Mifare DesFire) type of tags which I have. These tags are detected by my mobile seamlessly and I can confirm that there is no problem in the tags which I am using. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Hi ,

Yes, I am using the same software mentioned by you in the above link. 

I am using MiFare_classic example and MiFare classic tags where I am stuck into "Ready to detect"

Interestingly, when I ported this entire software to another ARM-Cortex-M3 + CLEV663B (No t usingLPC176x),  Mifare classic example can detect Classic/ultralight cards/Desfire cards without any problem. However, as you mentioned, logs are avaiable only for classic card in original example and I had to customize this application a bit for Desfire and ultra light tag detetction ! 

Note: We have a custom board with Corext-M3+CLRC663B for our project

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ravikiran HV,

I tried the NFC Reader Library v4.040.05.011646 R1 for CLEV663B including all software examples.  demos.

In the MIFARE classic  demo, you will have the Ready to detect message if the card you are using is not a MIFARE classic so please be sure that the card you are using is a MIFARE classic.

in the other demo you will have a message like this: 

pastedImage_3.png

as you can see I used  Type 2 and 4 tags  and it worked perfectly.

If is still not working please send me an screenshot of your code or even the project.

Hope this information was helpful.

Have a great day

Best Regards.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Hi Jonathan Iglesias,

I could see the log "Ready to detect" on my console as well. But CLRC+LPC can't detect the card.

I purchased these Eval kits back in 2015 and trying to re-use them now. It was kept in our inventory for about a year or so. 

Do you see any chances of NFC antenna going bad. Is there any shelf life defined for these antennas? 

How do I check if my CLRC663B board/antenna is not working? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ravikiran HV

Are you using the demos of the link in my last post ?
The ready to detect message is only in the  MIFARE classic demo. this demo will get stuck in the Ready to detect message.

if the tag you are reading is not a MIFARE classic. please confirm this information.

Best regards.

Jonathan

0 Kudos