cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIFARE Plus EV1 SL1 - phacDiscLoop force Activate 14443-4

eljeffo
Contributor III

Assuming we're using the phacDiscLoop component:

What's the proper way of using NxpNfcRdLib where even though SAK=0x08 or SAK=0x18, 

phacDiscLoop_Sw_Int_ActivateA() is asked to activate the "MIFARE Classic" Looking card as a 14443-4 Type 4A Card?

I can inject my own global variable, to override SAK, but... did I miss a more formal option?

I understand the library may not handle this case because automatically activating 14443-4 would totally mess things up for someone expecting to use Mifare Classic backwards compatibility protocol.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

To support Mifare plus card, the export control version of NxpNfcRdLib should be used. Would you please tell me which NFC reader IC you are using?

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

eljeffo
Contributor III

Export control version of library being used :smileyhappy:

CLRC66303

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the information! I recommend you referring to NfcrdlibEx10_MIFAREDESFire demo though it is for Mifare Desfire, but similar process can apply for Mifare plus Ev1.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

eljeffo
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

I think the great part about NfcrdlibEx10_MIFAREDESFire is that it targets a SAK which qualifies for RATS/ATS in phacDiscLoop_Sw_Int_ActivateA().

However a Mifare Plus EV1 in SL1 SAK response will not qualify the same way for RATS.

See line 601 of file defining phacDiscLoop_Sw_Int_ActivateA().

What do you think?

Jeff

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

Do you mean enabling the EMD check?

pastedImage_2.png

Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

eljeffo
Contributor III

Kan_LI,

Sorry for intentionally being ambiguous.  I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to discuss NDA items on this public forum.

Referencing your quote above, line 595 prevents a Mifare Plus EV1 SL1 card from running Line 604.

How can I run Line 604 for a Mifare Plus EV1 SL1?

Jeff

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification! I understand your concern, but please note the case of SAK 0x08 or 0x18 is for back compatible with mifare classic in SL1, and mifare plus is on SL0 by default, so to operate it as a 14443-4 Type 4A Card, you may just keep it in SL0 or perso to SL3, no need to modify the library at all.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

eljeffo
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

SL1SL3Mix mode requires treating SL1 as 14443-4 Type 4A card.  Take a quick peek and let me know what you think.

Jeff

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry, I could not get the point, your application should know if SL1SL3Mix mode is switched successfully, then  both SL1 and SL3 operations may be applied, there are 14443-4 activation API available from the NFC reader library, you just have to implement this application by yourself. I have the demo code for plusX, from SL0 to SL1, if you need it , please submit a private ticket for it.

Please kindly refer to How to submit a new question for NXP Support  for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

eljeffo
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

I think you may have almost solved my issue... 

14443-4 activation API available from the NFC reader library,

I totally missed where this is.  Could you give me a function call that I can look up?

Jeff

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

Please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

eljeffo
Contributor III

Kan,

Wow thanks, I'll definitely check it out.  Looks useful.

Jeff

0 Kudos