cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFRC63003 - JTAG Pins as GPIO

timriddermann
Contributor II

Hello,
I try to use the JTAG (TDO, TDI, TMS, TCK) signals as GPIO output. For this I proceeded as follows:

1. Deactivate Boundary Scan by setting the Boundary Scan bit (bit 3) in the interface byte (EEPROM address 0x21) in the EEPROM to High.
2. In the PinEn register (register address 0x44) set the bits TDO_EN (Bit 0), TDI_EN (Bit 1), TMS_EN (Bit 2), TCK_EN (Bit 3) to High.
3. Set the bits TDO_OUT (Bit 0), TDI_OUT (Bit 1), TMS_OUT (Bit 2), TCK_OUT (Bit 3) to High or Low in the PinOut register (register address 0x45), depending on how the output should be.

The problem is that I always have only a high signal on the 4 signals...
Have I forgotten another step? There is not much documentation about the GPIOs except the description of the registers.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

timriddermann
Contributor II

Thanks for the info. According to the instructions in the linked thread it works.

Nevertheless it is very disappointing that after more than one year in which the error is already known, the data sheet of the MFRC630 (currently Rev. 4.7 - 12 September 2018) has not been updated yet...

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, we need to wait for the appropriate team to make the corrections.

Still, it is good that you were able to solve your issue.

Regards,
Estephania 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is small mix-up in the description of the boundary scan if it is set to 1 it is active and 0 means deactivated.

Could you please try to check this post ?

https://community.nxp.com/thread/475187 

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos