Is there an easy way to identify the type of tag with an ISO14443-A/B Command?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to identify the type of tag with an ISO14443-A/B Command?

janp_
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm writing a program to check if the type of the tag on the reader is the one I'm expecting. I have 150 diffrent Tags and I need to categorize them all. For the ISO 15693 I'm checking the first 6 Bytes of the UID. Now I hope theres an easy way for the ISO14443-A/B, too.

Regards

Jan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you are working with NFC Reader Library, there are some definitions which you can consider. These are position bits masks for different technologies:

#define PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_A                          0x01U   /**< Position bit mask for Type A. */

#define PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_B                          0x02U   /**< Position bit mask for Type B. */

#define PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_F212                       0x04U   /**< Position bit mask for Type F212. */

#define PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_F424                       0x08U   /**< Position bit mask for Type F424. */

#define PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_V                          0x10U   /**< Position bit mask for Type V. */

#define PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_18000P3M3                  0x20U   /**< Position

You can check for a specific technology as follows (in this case for Type A):

status = phacDiscLoop_GetConfig(pDataParams, PHAC_DISCLOOP_CONFIG_TECH_DETECTED, &wTagsDetected);

CHECK_STATUS(status);

if(PHAC_DISCLOOP_CHECK_ANDMASK(wTagsDetected, PHAC_DISCLOOP_POS_BIT_MASK_A))

{

DEBUG_PRINTF (" \tType A detected... \n");

}

Best regards,

Ivan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos