Is it possible to use coaxial cable[50ohm] with CLRC 663, MFRC 631?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use coaxial cable[50ohm] with CLRC 663, MFRC 631?

yasushihasegawa
Contributor III

Dear Community,

Our customer is using MFRC631.

In the CLRC 663 and MFRC 631, there are RXN and RXP on the receiving pins, but is it possible to use a 50 ohm coaxial cable to the antenna?

We are considering the following connections from the receiving pins to the antenna, but are there any problems concerning the use of coaxial cables?
Receive pins (RXN, RXP) <=> matching to cable <=> coaxial cable <=> matching to antenna <=> antenna.

Best Regards,
Yasushi Hasegawa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lisong6080
Contributor II

Hi Yasushi,

A coaxial cable between the CLRC663 and the antenna  whether you have applied? How to change the circuit?

Have a great day,

0 Kudos

yasushihasegawa
Contributor III

Dear Wigros,

Thank you for your answering.

I confirmed the data sheet of CLRC 663 again.
The data sheet has the following description.
-----
The receiver can also be operated in a single ended mode. In this case the
Rcv_RX_single bit has to be set. In the single ended mode, the two receiver pins RXP and
RXN need to be connected together and will provide a single ended signal to the receiver
circuitry.
When using the receiver in a single ended mode the receiver sensitivity is decreased and
the achievable reading distance might be reduced, compared to the fully differential mode.
-----

When using a coaxial cable between the CLRC663 and the antenna, is it necessary to use it as "Quasi differential" instead of "Fully differential"?

Best Regards,
Yasushi Hasegawa

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yasushi ,

Your solution should be feasible, Attachment is a datasheet of External NFC antenna with coaxial cable, so it should be helpful for you !

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

yasushihasegawa
Contributor III

Dear Wigros,

I am sorry bother you , would you please reply about the additional my questions at "2017/02/20 22:45" ?

Best Regards,

Yasushi Hasegawa

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yasushi,

Customer can also use Single-end Antenna for CLRC663, then use coaxial cable! Attachment is a solution with single end antenna.

Have a great day,
(wigros)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yasushihasegawa
Contributor III

Dear Wigros,

Thank you for your quick response.
I have a little more questions.

I understand the contactless interface method of CLRC663 and PN544 which are R / W IC as follows.
- PN544: TX=Differential, RX=Single-End
- CLRC663, MFRC631: TX=Differential, RX=Differential

[Q1]
If the R/W IC and the antenna are separated, is it a good choice to choose a coaxial cable as a relay cable?
Background:
This is a confirmation from the question of whether the coaxial cable is an unbalanced cable and it is suitable for handling differential signals.

[Q2]
PN544 was written in the attached data sheet.[ANFCA-5035-A01-IPEX.pdf]
It seems that PN544, which is single ended to receive, can use coaxial cable.
Although CLRC663 is a differential system using RXP, RXN, can we use coaxial cable for CLRC663?

[Q3]
If a coaxial cable is not recommended, are there other recommended cables?
I am very thankful if you can advise me.

Best Regards,
Yasushi Hasegawa

0 Kudos