cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C specification of NT3H2111

masafumishimura
Contributor II

Hello NXP Semiconductor engineers

My customer asked us following I2C specification of NR3H2111.

Would you please confirm?

(1)

Could you show me whether NT3H2111 supports I2C software reset (Start-Cond and 9 clocks & Start-cond.) that is described in the attached file?

(2)

If the above is yes, could you show me how NT5T2111 acts when the clocks will short than 9 (eg. 8 clocks)?

(3)

After reading Chapter 9.3 of NT3H2111_2211 Datasheet(Rev.3.2), my customer believes that NT3H2111 will be reset every time Start conditions including repeated start are occurred when a condition of NFCS_I2C_RST_ON_OFF is set.

Is it true?

(4)

Do you have any description about a behavior of a condition NFCS_I2C_ON_OFF is cleared?

Best Regards, Shimura

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

masafumishimura
Contributor II

Hello

I think that the above specification is not official, but it is commonly adopted in general.
Would anyone please support above question?

Best Regards, Shimura

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Masafumi Shimura, 

1.) and 2.) NTAG I²C plus (NT3H2111) does not support I2C soft reset as described above. It has its own form as described in Datasheet, page 39, chapter "9.3 I²C soft reset and NFC silence feature". 

3.) Yes, the drawback is that if NFCS_I2C_RST_ON_OFF is set, every "repeated start condition" on I²C bus, will reset NTAG's I²C subsystem.

4.) Everything available is written in that chapter. No additional functionality - i2c reset is implemented.

Best Regards, 
Estephania
0 Kudos