How we can reduce the power consumption at the NT3H2111?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can reduce the power consumption at the NT3H2111?

thueringen
Contributor II
  • Do you know, if the NT3H2111 has a power down mode, if the Vcc-Pin will get permanently a voltage (p.ex. in our case 3.0V)?
  • Is the power consumption at 3.0V Vcc allways the max. 240uA, also if the clocking pulse I2C is inactive (not toggled)?
  • If we like to reduce the power consumption, then we should switch off the Vcc also?
  • The FD-output should have a Pull-up resistor. Why? Is it not an open-collector output? If not, is a Pull-down resistor possible also?
  • If we switch off the Vcc, what is the right voltage on Pull-ups on the FD, SDA and SCL? Is it a risk, if the NT3H2111 witout Voltage, that the voltage will come over the Pull-ups?
  • Do you have a FCCID for the NT3H2111? The customer can’t find anything in the datasheet.

Do you have an appnote about possible power down modes with these chipset? If yes, please share it with me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

thueringen
Contributor II

Thanks, Do you have an power consumption appnote, where customers can find more details like in the datasheet?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am sorry, but so far there is no such kind of app note available for this topic based on NT3H2111.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
  • Do you know, if the NT3H2111 has a power down mode, if the Vcc-Pin will get permanently a voltage (p.ex. in our case 3.0V)? - No, this device has no power down mode, if the Vcc-Pin will get permanently a voltage.
  • Is the power consumption at 3.0V Vcc allways the max. 240uA, also if the clocking pulse I2C is inactive (not toggled)? -No, it will be less when there is no I2C activity.
  • If we like to reduce the power consumption, then we should switch off the Vcc also? -Yes.
  • The FD-output should have a Pull-up resistor. Why? Is it not an open-collector output? If not, is a Pull-down resistor possible also? -Because the inactive state of FD is pulled-up, if you applied a pull-down on it, will confuse the host controller.
  • If we switch off the Vcc, what is the right voltage on Pull-ups on the FD, SDA and SCL? Is it a risk, if the NT3H2111 witout Voltage, that the voltage will come over the Pull-ups? - The data sheet has reference for this topic(Fig 16. Energy harvesting example circuit), and it is not a risk as the leakage current on these pins are 10uA at max without voltage.
  • Do you have a FCCID for the NT3H2111? The customer can’t find anything in the datasheet.-No, there is FCCID for the demo board such as OM5569/NT322E , but no for a standalone IC chip.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!