How to unlock the i2c bus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock the i2c bus

jackkc7vlo
Contributor I

I've started working on a solution with the NHS3100 with the UCODE.   Unfortunately I often end up having a locked i2c bus shortly after an RFID read of the ucode chip.   This manifests itself in the Chip_I2C_EventHandler example function where the status of the transfer is always I2C_STATUS_BUSY.      The example tloggerucode software seems to try to drop out of the loop and call the Deinit and Init functions, but this doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to free the i2c bus when this occurs?    

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jackkc7vlo
Contributor I

Originally the SDK was the Alpha.  I moved to the beta SDK and still had the problem.   Unfortunately I went through and made various changes and now it seems to work fine <sigh>.   It may have been a clocking problem on my part.   I'll be doing a lot of work with this in the next few days.   I'll let you know if I get this again or if I figure out a way to reproduce it.

Thanks, 

Jack

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which SDK are you using? The latest is SDK 11.1 (beta).

This manifests itself in the Chip_I2C_EventHandler example function where the status of the transfer is always I2C_STATUS_BUSY.

You mean the firmware is also hanging? Can you provide a stack trace?

Tx,
Dries

0 Kudos

jackkc7vlo
Contributor I

Also it appears that using a RFID reader nearby the debugger will cause it to fail with a Redlink interface error 255.   This may be contributing to the bus lock up.

0 Kudos